I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

wall mounted dryer
Posted by: jack black (99.196.44.---)
Date: August 24, 2016 04:54PM

ok......i'm lazy. but i also have limited bandwith each month so its easier to ask than search and use it up. i am looking for a rod dryer that mounts on the wall, similiar to the FC pro 4 rod dryer. a single rod dryer is fine. why wall mounted? space. i run finish at a fairly fast speed and want to pop it out and pop it into the dryer and carry on with another. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wall mounted dryer
Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 24, 2016 11:47PM

CRB Vertical Wall Mount 4 Rod Dryer from Mudhole

Date: August 25, 2016 09:47AM

ok,,,,i guess i wasn't clear. due to limited space, i am looking for a SINGLE ROD dryer.

Posted by: John Cates (---.sub-70-195-207.myvzw.com)
Date: August 25, 2016 09:56AM

Jack

We could make that for you.

Call us
512-858-7742

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: August 25, 2016 10:26AM

Jack,
A picture of a drum dryer mounted on a well for space considerations.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

An example of a conventional rod dryer just mounted on a shelf that is mounted onto a wall by a pair of shelf brackets:
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Or - using the flex coat 4 rod dryer as an example - make a dryer of your own, with a dryer motor, chuck and a set of two or three two or three wheel rod rests. You can mount the dryer on a piece of extruded aluminum that has slots in it and then use the equivalent of T nuts to secure the rod rests so that they would be adjustable back and forth. Or you could take a 1x4 board and mill a slot down the center with a router and indent the back of the board with a wider shallower slot to accommodate a carriage bolt or two that could be used to secure the base of a rod rest that would be used to support your rod. The dryer motor would be mounted to a stand on the end of the board to hold the chuck and the rod.

Spend the money for a commercial unit, or buy pieces and build a dryer yourself.

Good luck

Posted by: Lynn Williams (---.mi.res.rr.com)
Date: August 25, 2016 01:33PM

Jack,

Here's a wall mounted 4 rod dryer similar to FC but single wide, you could use the same concept to make a single rod dryer. All of the support brackets and the motor bracket was made using Plexiglas. The dryer sets out from the wall about 5-1/2 inches.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Mud Hole has some different types of single rod dryer also.

If you can't find what you need and don't want to make it I would definitely give John a call at Flex Coat.

Posted by: Terry Fude (---.dhcp.fdul.wi.charter.com)
Date: August 25, 2016 05:04PM

I read this yesterday, and in my email from mudhole today they had 18 new crb products, and 1 was a wall mount dryer, for 4 rods..

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 27, 2016 12:47AM

Make a Shelf to hold a Single rod dryer

Date: August 27, 2016 09:49AM

Barry Thomas Sr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Make a Shelf to hold a Single rod dryer

got 2 shelves already full. want to put the dryer on the wall between the shelves. they are far enough apart it will work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster