I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Major Kudos to Batson Enterprises...
Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: August 13, 2016 03:30PM

In March of this year I built a IMMORTAL IMMC72MH-TC for a return client for whom I have built numerous Rainshadow rod . He's a pretty big guy and fishes tournament frequently. He called me a couple of weeks ago and said the rod had broken into three pieces when he set the hook on a LMB. He admitted he had swung hard on the bass; but was surprised when it broke. He also said he loves that rod and wants me to build another for him.

I got the broken rod back from him and contacted John Cox at Batson to get an RMA number and sent the broken sections of the rod to Batson. Before shipping the rod pieces, I inspected the broken sections and did not see anything that give me the impression of a manufactures defect.

I just received this email from John.

"Don",

"While we didn’t detect any of the usual characteristics of defective material we will err on the side of caution and send a replacement IMMC72MH-TC at no charge."

Regards,

John

John Cox
Warranty Department

Needless to say, I am simply amazed at the customer service and the replacement of the blank at no charge.

Not only does Batson Enterprises and the Rainshadow line of blanks lead the industry; but their customer service goes way beyond my expectations!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Major Kudos to Batson Enterprises...
Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: August 14, 2016 03:55AM

Donald, that's outstanding that Batson would do that. Especially after the rod had been fished for a few months.

About a month ago I put up a thread on this site describing how I had a rod I built on the same blank, break. Mine, much like I suspect your customers blank didn't break on a hook set. For the almost one year I fished the rod, I'd absolutely powered fish on the hook set with my rod, with (to my knowledge) no ill effects.

Mine got broken when I didn't react quickly enough to a 40"+ muskie (I've since knick named "The Flash") hitting me right at the boat and then using my boat as shade. Dang thing pinned the rod against the rub rail ....... and BANG!

Not the blanks fault which is why I'll be building a replacement rod on the same blank. I'm just waiting for the Fall draw down on the reservioir I was fishing so I can get the other part of the rod back. I figure I'll save a little money by stripping the guides off.

I just hope no shore walkers beat me to it. lol

Date: August 14, 2016 02:08PM

David,

I believe him when he said it broke on the hook set. He's a fishing buddy and a straight up guy. His co-angler also told me he broke it on the hook set. He as big as a barn and he said he took a "big swing" when he set the hook. I can imagine a "big swing" for him can brake just about any stick! I told him next time don't swing quite so hard!

Don

Don Campbell

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: August 15, 2016 04:57AM

Donald, my apologies for my poor choice of words. What I was attempting to say is that I was thinking it would take more than just a big hook set to break that blank.

Then again I wasn't there, so I shouldn't have mentioned it. Again ..... my apologies.

As for the advice to him not to swing so hard ...... my guess is that you said it with a little chuckle? lol

Date: August 15, 2016 09:45AM

David,

No apologies necessary. The thing about the broken rod that surprised me was it was broken into three pieces! I have never seen that before. I inspected the rod breaks before I shipped it up to Batson and I did not see anything that made me think it was a manufacturing defect; but I thought I would let the experts give me their opinion. Batson Enterprises has definitely gone the extra mile "on the side of caution"!

Don

Don Campbell

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster