I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Made in Driftwood
Posted by: John Cates (---.sub-70-195-203.myvzw.com)
Date: July 27, 2016 10:35AM

New video about the story of Flex Coat and more... "Made in Driftwood" - Click the link below to check it out on our site and enjoy

[www.flexcoat.com]

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Made in Driftwood
Posted by: Ian Drent (---.4.233.220.static.exetel.com.au)
Date: July 28, 2016 06:52AM

Hi John,

If only the passion and commitment would extend to your customer service. I've had the worst experience ever getting Flex Coat to take responsibility and accountability for selling faulty quad dryer setups. Very disappointing for such a large company - particularly when they invest time and money selling themselves in videos like this one.

If you're interested in knowing more about the issues and dealings I've had with your staff, and how you can satisfy a dissatisfied customer then I'd be happy to forward onto you all email correspondence between myself and your staff. Not wanting to get anyone into trouble because the decisions probably came from the top, all i wanted was a reasonable outcome for the problems on a brand new quad dryer and all you guys wanted to do was sell me replacement motors. If you bought a brand new car and it had a faulty motor would you pay for a replacement as recommended by sales staff??

Hopefully I'll hear from you.

Ian D

Posted by: John Cates (---.sub-70-195-208.myvzw.com)
Date: July 28, 2016 09:59AM

Ian

check your email

Flex Coat Company
www.flexcoat.com

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 28, 2016 05:59PM

This forum is NOT the place to put your personal complaints! Deal with them directly, not on this forum!! What your doing is called " A cheap shot!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2016 06:00PM by Phil Erickson.

Date: July 28, 2016 09:20PM

Phil Erickson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This forum is NOT the place to put your personal
> complaints! Deal with them directly, not on this
> forum!! What your doing is called " A cheap shot!"

Phil,

Have dealt with them directly but they don't want to take an ounce of responsibility. You say what I'm doing is called a cheap shot? I call it 'getting some action taken'. You could even say that Flex Coat like to take the 'cheap way out'.

Apologies if it appears that this is where I'm putting my personal complaints. I don't want to cause any trouble.

Date: July 28, 2016 09:21PM

John Cates Wrote:
> Ian
>
> check your email

received and replied.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 28, 2016 10:30PM

Ian every incident like this has two sides! You go public with only yours, what if they believe you have some responsibility in this matter? Should they come back with language like yours?

This is not the purpose of this forum !!!

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 28, 2016 10:48PM

There are two sides to every story. Ian has not violated any forum rules. He voiced a complaint and was civil. But again, there are two sides to every story and I hope that Flex Coat takes this opportunity to state their position.

Date: July 29, 2016 12:17AM

Phil Erickson Wrote:
> Ian every incident like this has two sides! You go
> public with only yours, what if they believe you
> have some responsibility in this matter? Should
> they come back with language like yours?
>
> This is not the purpose of this forum !!!

And what language would that be Phil? It seems you are interpreting differently to what is actually meant. Why the exclamation marks? It would appear you are broadcasting language that's not required.

Look, like i said I'm not here to cause trouble and I'm certainly not going to play your little game Phil. Yes there are 2 sides - why don't you ask John what he has to say about the matter?

Date: July 29, 2016 09:17AM

What I'm not going to allow here, is the forum being used by folks who want to argue back and forth about things like this.

The forum rules do not prohibit forum users from questioning sponsors about businesses practices. Nor does it prohibit sponsors from clearing the air, which when done, often paints any supposed problem in a totally different light. As long as things remain civil they're fine. The line is drawn when there is an obvious attempt to use the forum for not other reason than to badmouth or slander a sponsor or any other business.

Posted by: John Cates (---.sub-70-195-206.myvzw.com)
Date: August 01, 2016 10:07AM

I believe that everyone can see exactly what is going on here. As Tom has said, he and we will not get into a back and forth, public or private that only feed anger and resentment by those that choose it.

Flex Coat Company
www.flexcoat.com

Posted by: John Cates (---.sub-70-195-206.myvzw.com)
Date: August 01, 2016 10:52AM

... I hope that some of you took the opportunity to watch the video "Made in Driftwood"

It is really well done and, I think, a very interesting back story on the making of two American companies.

Flex Coat Company
www.flexcoat.com

Date: August 02, 2016 12:52PM

I would have welcomed you to present the facts so that both sides of the story can be seen.

I do know that Flex Coat has not spent 40 years in business and arrived with the excellent reputation they enjoy today by being unfair to customers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster