I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

AmTak braid fishing line -- anyone tried it?
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: July 23, 2016 08:29AM

Has anyone tried the Ameican Tackle "Bushido" braid and / or Florocarbon line?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AmTak braid fishing line -- anyone tried it?
Posted by: Randy Kruger (---.cbpu.com)
Date: July 24, 2016 11:04PM

I use the Bushido Braid exclusively. I am a pro staffer for American Tackle, but I am also an avid fishermen. I am picky about what line I use, and when the line came out, I took a shot at it. I have never looked back. I use the 10 Lb test Combat braid on my spinning rods, and have a crank bait rod rigged with it also. My big bait rod is rigged with 20lb braid. It is an 8 strand braid, and stays very round. It has a small diameter, and a slick finish. Spinning and Casting rod applications are exceptional. I fish in very clear water in Michigan, and use the Moss Green. I have also used the Fluorocarbon Line in 6 and 8 lb test and tie it to the braid with an Alberto Knot. The 10 lb Combat Braid has a breaking strength of over 20 lbs and holds up very well when the occasional Northern Pike comes into play. Both the braid and the fluorocarbon won awards at China Fish 2015. My spinning reels range in sizes 1000 (Daiwa) to 3000 (Shimano Stradic), and a pair of Okuma's 2000's. My Casting reels are Lew's MB's. One is rigged with 10lb and one is rigged with 20 lb braid. The lines are also very quiet passing through the guides. Zero stretch allows me to feel everything. My prior lines of choice were, Nanofill and Berkley Trans-Optic mono. My favorite fluorocarbon was Seaguar red label. The braid feels much like Seaguar Smackdown. All I can say is give it a shot.

Posted by: Justin Kim (---.gv.shawcable.net)
Date: July 24, 2016 11:58PM

I've used both the bushido and nano x braid, as well as the bushido flouro. Love them all, I've used them on spin, levelwind and centerpin as main line and haven't had any issues with them. The coating on the nanox is awesome is awesome to float fish with as the line floats and all it takes is a simple lift to set the hook from any distance. The fluoro is smooth and soft and surprisingly thin. As well it works great as leader material as well. I personally use the 10, 16 and 20 as leader for salmon and steelhead on my pin and fly for the past year and haven't looked back. Definitely worth a try.

Date: July 25, 2016 07:21AM

Thank you both for the input. I've been using Samurai braid (20 & 30lb test) which is very supple, thin & shoots through the guides well = but as a fisherman I always have to try new things "just because".

Date: July 25, 2016 07:21AM

Thank you both for the input. I've been using Samurai braid (20 & 30lb test) which is very supple, thin & shoots through the guides well = but as a fisherman I always have to try new things "just because".

Posted by: brad parker (96.126.225.---)
Date: July 25, 2016 07:56AM

I use the Nano-x and the Bushido Fluoro on everything.. I fish mostly saltwater, and the nano-x does very well around oyster shells, docks, etc. I am using 30lb on my spinning, and 20lb on my casting.

I have been using the 50lb and 65lb on my offshore rods as well.

I also use the Bushido Fluoro as my main line when the water clears up. I use 10lb and 14lb in the Fluoro depending on the application.

Give them a try, you will not be disappointed.

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.coxfiber.net)
Date: July 25, 2016 08:30AM

I fish salt water. I love the nano-X. It cast better and is thinner than most other top brands. It has made a difference in my catches as it cast much better and much farther than other brands. The dividends really pay off when sight fishing, as you don't need to get as close to the school to make the cast. When fish are spooky that gives you a huge advantage! If you're going to be stalking reds on the flats you want to be able to cast as far as possible.

Date: July 26, 2016 07:42AM

Capt Craig -
This is exactly what I'm going to do (reds on the flats). Rainshadow IM902, AmTak Air Wave guides; Okuma ABF-30b loaded with 20lb braid and a floro topshot.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 26, 2016 10:57AM

I want to try some but very hard to find a place that sells it. Can not find it locally and only a few places on line.
Norm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster