I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

info on prokote
Posted by: curtis drumm (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2016 03:31PM

I purchased a 32oz. kit standard build in 2-24-16, to have on hand for when I run low.

I just pulled it out of storage kept in the basement cabinet stays about 68deg. the hardner is fine but the resin is a very thick white gell all but the top 1/2inch .

I have seen it in my high build but only in the bottom 1/2inch I don't use it very often but a little heat in a pot of water and stir it up and good as new.

This a little diffrent I think 90% gell is a little much to deal with. I don't know if any thing can be done with it.

What say you all?

Can you purches just the resin?

Thanks ; Curt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: info on prokote
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 22, 2016 03:50PM

You can bring it back to like new. It just needs some gentle heat and for as long as it takes. A pan of hot water might be best in order to deal with that amount.

Posted by: John Keough (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 23, 2016 06:12AM

Microwave 10 seconds

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: July 23, 2016 08:03AM

If it's warm outside (above 80 degrees) set it in a sunny spot. Will probably take an hour to return to original condition.

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 25, 2016 01:08PM

As stated, generally you can place the resin it in the microwave for about 15 seconds or a pan of warm water and it should bring it out. If it does not bring it back for the first 15 seconds, hit it again for 15 seconds. Cooler, damp conditions under 70 degrees is a enemy of Pro Kote. it prefers temps above 70 degrees, even for storage. Basements for the most part are sometimes damp an cooler, so I would store elsewhere, if at all possible. I do understand that builders like having back-up products, but I always suggest to never purchase any larger container of thread finish than you are going to use up in a 6 month period. We appreciate customer purchasing as much as possible, but it really is best to stay with fresh finish, if at all possible. Please feel free to contact us if need be. Thank You

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster