I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Lews rod with Winn grip
Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 18, 2016 06:32PM

It is so nice to see that major manufactures are picking up on the Winn grips. They are on 95% of what I build nowadays . What is interesting to see, are the variations of these grips style as in the photo below.. It would be nice to know if Winn plans to offer more choices to rod builders in the coming months.

If you notice on this rod it has GREEN winding checks. This is the third manufacturer to offer green that I know of and maybe there are more. So the question once again is WHY can't we get them??? I have had numerous occasions that green would have been the perfect color check.

Perhaps one of the sponsors would like to comment.

Tom

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 06:33PM by Tom Wewerka.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Lews rod with Winn grip
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: July 18, 2016 09:59PM

These grips and seats build up to a really nice rod!!

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: July 19, 2016 03:25PM

Tom,

Is that casting reel seat available to the rod builder? If so who might have them?

Thanks...Oh, by the way that rod looks really nice!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 19, 2016 10:58PM

Don
That is a Lews factory today not one of mine. I saw that reel seat to and like it a lot. What drives me nuts is seeing components on rods from the big guys and not being able to purchase components as well. Like that Winn grip with the swipes on it. I've done several in that chartreuse it would have looked much better if that style was available.

Tom

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: July 20, 2016 12:49AM

Winn has really gotten into proprietary grips for manufcturers as well as their std retail offerings

Ron Weber

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: July 20, 2016 09:46AM

Tom,
I expect that if you wanted to order 10,000 grips, Winn would make any grip that you wished.

Be safe

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: July 20, 2016 05:22PM

true.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster