I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Closest Substitute for a Lami GLB841M ?
Posted by: Barry Stolzenberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 17, 2016 02:12PM

'Broke the tip off my favorite fluke rod. It was built on a Lamiglas GLB841M blank. That blank has been discontinued and I am having no luck on finding anyone who has one available. So, I want to build a replacement on the blank that is most similar to a GLB841M. I would appreciate your recommendations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Closest Substitute for a Lami GLB841M ?
Posted by: mike quinn (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: July 17, 2016 05:25PM

I don't think I can say where on here so I will just suggest you use google in your search. They are out there.

Date: July 18, 2016 09:55AM

'Started my quest by Googling the blank, One supplier had it listed, I ordered it, and then they cancelled it because they did not have it and could no longer get it from Lamigals. Second site that listed it is just a dead internet page leading nowhere. Other sites just list the Lamiglas name or old Lamiglas models, but, do not have the blanks. Other mentions of GLB841M are either from me looking for the blank or from old internet posts that go back 9 years. It looks like my only option is to find a builder who just may have a new old stock GLB841M laying around.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 18, 2016 11:26AM

Post on the buy-sell page and see what happens.

Date: July 18, 2016 11:46AM

Done

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: July 18, 2016 01:06PM

I may have one, I will check.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: July 18, 2016 01:06PM

I may have one, I will check.

Posted by: mike quinn (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: July 18, 2016 09:22PM

Sorry to hear that. Good luck in your quest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster