I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Metalized Decals
Posted by: Stefano Bracco (---.115.132.94.static.gvt.net.br)
Date: June 27, 2016 12:25PM

Hi there,

I am Stefano from Brazil and I learned a lot with you, so I would like to share something.

I like to make my own rod parts (butt cap, accent, trim,…) and I would like to share how I make my own metalized decals.

Tutorial is in portuguese, but there is many pictures and is intuitive (Google Translate can help too, kkkkk).

I don’t know how to post a PDF file or if is possible, so I post tutorial from Facebook (Tutorial DECALQUE METALIZADO): [www.facebook.com]

Any question… (Portuguese, Italian or English).

I hope you enjoy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Metalized Decals
Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 27, 2016 01:58PM

Stef, Great looking decal. I don't do facebook so I don't know how you did it but it looks great. Nice n' Clean.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Stefano Bracco (---.115.132.94.static.gvt.net.br)
Date: June 27, 2016 02:18PM

Thanks Dennis,

Summing up:

1) Print your logo on a clear vinyl self adhesive for laser printers (PVC vinyl !!!).

2) Remove moisture from the decal (this is an important detail and made the difference for me). Place a piece of masking tape on the edge to hold the decal and the back paper. Insert the decal 3 or 4 times in the laminator. Don’t put the finger on the decal. Always get the decal on the sides or on the masking tape.

3) Appling Heat Transfer Foil. Cut a piece of Heat Transfer Foil. The foil need to cover completely the decal. Insert the decal covered with Heat Transfer Foil in the laminator. Let cool for 3-5 minutes and then remove heat transfer foil slowly.

4) Cut the edge of the decal using the ruler and the x-acto knife.

5) Paste decal

6) Apply CP

7) Apply epoxy finish

Posted by: Marco Cellini (---.33-85-b.business.telecomitalia.it)
Date: July 06, 2016 03:48AM

Great Job Stefano,
is the laminator indispensable ? Can I use other sources of hot energy to replace it ?

Thank you for your support
Marco Cellini

Posted by: Stefano Bracco (---.dsl.telesp.net.br)
Date: July 10, 2016 08:29PM

Hi Marco

In my firt tries i used iron, but I had not great results.

You need to find the right temperature for any laser adhesive vinyl and any transfer foil. It is hard to do this with an iron. Laminator make it easy.

In my tutorial I used a vinyl that was necessary to use 105° C for result. Now I changed the laser adhesive vinyl and I needed to increase the temperature to 118°C.

Note: Be sure the laser adhesive vinyl is PVC!!! Some sellers don't specify this and sometime the laser adhesive vinyl is made of PET (PET doesn't work).

Regards.

Ciao Marco,

Le prime prove le ho fatte con il ferro da stiro, ma non ho avuto grandi risultati.

Il problema é che per ogni adesivo vinile e per ogni "transfer foil" devi trovare la temperatura giusta. Ogni marca di vinile e ogni marca de foil ha la sua temperatura e sta a te trovare quella giusta.

Con il plastificatore riesci a regolare la temperatura, giá con il ferro da stiro no. Nel tutoriale usavo un adesivo vinili che con 105°C riuscivo ad ottenere gli adesivi. Adesso uso un vinile di un' altra marca e la temperatura l'ho dovuta portare a 118°C.

Nota importante: Il vinile deve essere PVC!!! In mercato trovi gente che vende vinile adesivo senza specificare il materiale e a volte é PET (su PET non ho avuto nessun risultato).

Saluti.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster