I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Liberty - Battle of the Builds - Build a Rod for a Veteran!
Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: May 27, 2016 04:59PM

Get Bit Outdoors is Proud to Present the 1st Annual Liberty Rod Blanks "Battle of the Builds".

Each year Liberty and Get Bit Outdoors will select a patriotic not for profit to be the beneficiary of the challenge.

The heart and soul of our country are the soldiers that sacrifice so much to protect our freedoms. The purpose of this challenge is to give us rod builders a way to give back while enjoying a fun competition. The judging will take place at the 2017 International Custom Rod Building Expo giving everyone plenty of time to complete and submit their build(s).
All rods entered into the Battle of the Builds will be donated to specific soldiers thru Heroes on the Water. Many of the soldiers will be present at the expo to vote on their favorite builds and will later be presented their rods on stage during the reception.
We understand that not everyone will be able to make it to the expo but don't let that stop you from participating! All entries can be sent to the address below and we will bring them to the expo for you.
Whether you are at the expo or not your build will bring pride and joy to a soldier for years to come!

**Every builder who enters will receive a form with a soldier's name and information about their style of fishing etc.. This gives you the opportunity to customize the build for a specific soldier. How awesome is that?

3 Ways to Win!
'Over $500 in prizes'
- You do not have to be present to win.

1. Overall Attendee Vote: 2017 ICRBE
2. Warriors Choice: Top Pic Among Soldier Only Votes
3. Random Drawing: All entries will be entered into a random drawing giving everyone a chance to win.

* This levels the playing field for everyone to be eligible to win a top prize regardless of skill level.
In addition to 3 ways to win over $500 in prizes, builders will receive a complimentary
Liberty Battle of the Builds T-Shirt upon entry and a $15 Get Bit Gift Card when their build is submitted as small token of appreciation for being a part of the benefit and donating your build(s) to the soldiers.

Get Bit Outdoors & Liberty will also be making a significant donation to Heroes on the water.

**Remember** This Is All About The Warriors!!
All builds are guaranteed to fill a warrior with pride while enjoying their new custom rod on the water thanks to You ! Whether it is your first build or your 1000 th , Bring it On!! *You are allowed to enter as many builds as you like; the more rods entered the more soldiers we can donate them to.

Our Soldiers are the Backbone of this Country, Let's Bring it Home and hook them up with sweet custom rods built on blanks that are Proudly Made in the USA! * In addition to all entries needing to be built on Liberty blanks, we ask that you please commit to your build. Upon entry we will send you the name/fishing info for the soldier you are building for and will be counting on you to complete their build.
The Expo is in February 2017 giving everyone plenty of time to complete their build(s) but please don't wait to the last minute to enter. The sooner we can account for the number of entries the better we can plan for the proper amount of booth space, number of rod racks, etc..

This is super exciting! Builders across the US & Overseas have had input in shaping this competition. We cannot wait to hand over all the beautiful builds to those who deserve it most.

Thank you in advance for making it happen!

Please call 407-542-7840 or email us at: Kevin@getbitoutdoors.com for entry information.

You can also click here to view the full flyer announcement. [myemail.constantcontact.com]

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberty - Battle of the Builds - Build a Rod for a Veteran!
Posted by: Jay McKnight (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: May 29, 2016 07:31AM

Count me in!

Posted by: David Ball (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: May 29, 2016 10:25PM

We will be given specific information as to the Branch, and specialty MOS of the service member? and is everyone building on the same blank?

Date: May 29, 2016 10:25PM

Duplicate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 10:29PM by David Ball.

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: May 29, 2016 10:56PM

Thank you Jay, please send me an email and ill add you to the list.

David, the veterans have the option to include as much info as they want to share. We also have the ability to reach out to them on an individual basis so the builders can ask questions to help personalize the rods that much more.

Thank you for your interest, This is going to be awesome!

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Date: May 29, 2016 11:09PM

I think I will enter it, I should have plenty of time in November to complete a build. And the expo is only 5 hours from me. I am veteran myself so it will be fun. Not sure about liberty blanks though.

Posted by: John Wright (---.om.om.cox.net)
Date: May 31, 2016 12:40PM

Do we have to use Liberty? I don't see any fly rod blanks.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 31, 2016 01:54PM

I'll let Kevin speak for himself, but I suspect that since this competition is sponsored by Liberty Rod Blanks it would be fitting to use a Liberty Blank for your project.

Posted by: David Ball (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 31, 2016 02:16PM

Never worked with a liberty blank before I would rather not Guess at the performance of them and use a blank I know exactly what type/length/ size and action to get. Although it does look like they have A LOT of blanks of different types.

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: June 02, 2016 08:31AM

David, we do ask that the blank be a Liberty blank. Please feel free to give us a call, I am happy to help you dial in the right build for your build.

John, Liberty doesn't offer any fly rod blanks as of yet but we are working on it. Thank you.

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: David Ball (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 02, 2016 03:36PM

Ok as long as they will help me find the right blank to match the Veteran's interest. Not really looking forward to painting it myself though lol .

Date: July 16, 2016 07:03PM

Are we going to get any updates? I figured we would have heard something after a month.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster