I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Micro tops
Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: May 22, 2016 01:32PM

Who sells a Micro Top size 4.5-7 or 5-7 ( for a casting rod ) with the braces welded on the bottom of the tube. I have had to replace a couple tops because the brace was shaving line where it was brazed to the top of the tube.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Micro tops
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 22, 2016 01:54PM

depending on how you build top or bottom is relative.

Are you looking for top with brace on same side of eyelet or opposite side of eyelet?

Date: May 22, 2016 02:32PM

Hi Steve; Building conventional, guides on top. I need tops with the brace welded opposite the eyelet. I get rods in for repair with about an inch or so of the tip broken off. I replaced one recently, that I had installed, and it had the braces welded on top. Well it was shaving Floro so bad the reel was full of dust from the line. He had to replace the line.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 22, 2016 02:46PM

JB,
Since you are shaving line, put on a size 6 x7 tip top and you will be set.

Nothing at all wrong with having a tip top that is larger than the running guides.

Be saafe

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 22, 2016 03:31PM

Fuji makes an FC micro guide with the frame opposite the 4.5 ring, tube sizes 4-6.5 (no 7). Comes in torzite, sic, or alconite rings. They also have a MCOT micro tiptop, same style and sizes as the FC but with a concept O ring (aluminum oxide). American Tackle makes a RLLT top with a size 5 ring and tube sizes 4-6.5 (no 7). Alps makes a PP mini top same style in both 4 and 5 rings sizes and and tube sizes 4-6.5. Hard to find a micro tip with a size 7 tube. Hope this helps.
Norm

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mthmcmta01.res.dyn.suddenlink.net)
Date: May 22, 2016 06:30PM

We have the Batson Alps Black Tip Tops in 05 Ring with tube sizes up to 7.5.
here is a link;
[www.schneidersrods.com] Top

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: Hydra Fishing, LLC (---.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 22, 2016 07:53PM

You won't have that issue with Kigan tops as they are braised on the sides of the tube. No need for a spinning design or casting... works with both.

[hydrafishing.com]

Hydra Fishing, LLC

Online: [www.hydrafishing.com]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Email: info@hydrafishing.com

Date: May 23, 2016 11:01AM

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I need.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Posted by: peter gersumky (---.lightspeed.sndgca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 30, 2016 07:14PM

size 4 guide / size 7 tube in zirconium and SIC - at C & M

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2016 07:15PM by peter gersumky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster