I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Hidden thread foregrip on Aero Seat.
Posted by: Adam Lathrop (141.197.12.---)
Date: April 26, 2016 08:47AM

Been thinking about putting a hidden thread foregrip on an aero reel seat. Anyone done it with success and liked the end result? more comfortable? any pictures?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hidden thread foregrip on Aero Seat.
Posted by: Michael Maclean (---.knology.net)
Date: April 26, 2016 09:05AM

Not my picture but I have found this [www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: April 26, 2016 09:06AM

Adam,
Pictures:
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Top picture is the Aero reel seat.
The middle picture is the Fuji Nut (stock)
The lower picture is where I have trimmed the length of the Fuji nut and sanded down the outside of the nut to remove the grooves and ridges on the stock nut.

I put the reel on the seat that I was gong to use and tightened it down. Then, I shortened both the number of threads on the reel seat as well as the nut so that when installed, the end of the nut would be flush with the ends of the threads to not have any threads showing.

It was fine and gave the rod a different look, but I did this to only a few reel seats. Generally speaking the stock reel seat nut works just fine and the feel in the hand is little changed with the smooth cover over the threads.
As a matter of fact, I think that having the threads on the reel seat exposed give a bit better grip on the rod.

Be safe

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 26, 2016 10:37AM

All the Fuji hidden thread hood nuts will fit AmTac reel seats. You can buy the hood nuts separately and they are relatively inexpensive. As Roger mentioned you may need to do a little triming especially with the shorter ones. I like the feel of the hidden tread nuts and they allow for some customisation of the reel seat.
Norm

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: April 26, 2016 11:11AM

Adam,
Just remember, that the aero seats come in size 16 and size 17.

Just pick up the same size covered nuts if you wish to cover the threads.

Posted by: Adam Lathrop (141.197.12.---)
Date: April 27, 2016 08:53AM

Will do guys thanks a lot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster