I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Expo Update
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 04, 2016 07:24PM

Today I met with the folks from the Twin City Quarter in Winston-Salem to finalize the floor plan for the Expo and the magazine reception. This year we've moved upstairs to a very upscale exhibit hall. The seminar rooms will be hard wall so there won't be any bleed over from the seminars to the exhibit hall and vice versa. The entire hall is carpeted (with very nice carpet at that) and so things should be a bit quieter overall. The hall is also on the main floor of the center and just inside the front door, so most won't have to walk as far to reach it.

The RodMaker Magazine Reception will move to the convention center, to the exhibit hall just north of the Expo exhibit hall. Every bit as nice as the Grand Ballroom at the Embassy, it'll make things easier on us to set up during the day on Saturday. No more walking 150 yards each way, each time we need to carry something across. You won't notice the difference - but we will.

Because the concession area is downstairs in the center, and the lower level is being renovated, I have arranged to have a concession area located upstairs. They will have the usual drinks, snacks, beer, etc., but not any hot food. There is some chance that due to the tardiness of the contractor and the downstairs area not yet being ransacked, that the downstairs concession area may still be open and will have hot food. Of course, there are 40 restaurants, grills, coffee shops, etc., with a block to 5 blocks of the convention center. Both the Marriott and Embassy Suites have restaurants within their premises.

Although the Embassy Suites is sold out, I am told there are still a few rooms available at the Marriot. At this point they are not obligated to honor our earlier special room rate, I am told that depending on how nice you are and who you happen to talk to, you might still be able to get the special rate. You can call them at (336) 725-3500. Mention you will be attending the Rod Expo and maybe you can get the lower rate.

All in all, we're looking at a very nice event with an even nicer exhibit hall and seminar area that we had before. If we can get good weather nationwide the week of the Expo, we'll be in great shape. See you there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Expo Update
Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: February 05, 2016 12:19PM

what is the status of tickets for the expo this year? pass years there was a couple of free tickets in the
MAG . that we got in the mail , did I miss it this year or is there A change this year ????
fill me in please ??????

William Sidney
AK

Date: February 05, 2016 01:18PM

There have never been any tickets for the Expo in the magazine. I suspect you're thinking of the magazine reception. There have and are tickets for that in the magazine.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 05, 2016 01:53PM

I am planning on attending the expo for the first time, but did not get or see tickets for the reception in the last issue of the magazine. Will tickets for the magazine reception be available at the expo?

Date: February 05, 2016 02:53PM

They're on page 31 of the issue that's in the mail now.

Date: February 05, 2016 03:02PM

Hopefully it will arrive before I leave. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the expo!

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 05, 2016 09:48PM

Mine arrived yesturday and I usually receive mine latter then others do so yours should not be too far behind

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: February 06, 2016 12:23PM

thanks TOM for the info

William Sidney
AK

Date: February 06, 2016 06:31PM

Got my magazine and tickets today. Thanks
Norm

Posted by: Bob Kraft (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 08, 2016 07:15PM

Still waiting for my new issue with tickets.

Posted by: John Kraft (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 13, 2016 12:37PM

I live in same area as Bob and have not received mine either. Mail comes around noon..........today
Fingers crossed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster