I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

waterslide decals
Posted by: phil ayers (50.58.79.---)
Date: November 24, 2015 11:01AM

Any body ever use them? How do you get them to stick and still remove the water under and around them. I have some made for finger nails and they look good until I put one on a piece of old blank then not so good. Any thing special I need to know? Thanks Phil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: waterslide decals
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 24, 2015 12:23PM

Phil, go to Decal Connection on the left and under "technical support" you will find an article on applying decals. I could send you a copy, but your email is hidden.

Posted by: Robert Hummel (---.lightspeed.dybhfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 24, 2015 02:50PM

I would appreciate it if you could also send me a copy of their article on applying decals. For some reason I can not access the Technical Support Area of their website.

Thank you

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: November 24, 2015 03:20PM

there web page on the Tech support side is not working very well or not at all I think

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 24, 2015 03:49PM

I have just accessed their site and the "Tech support" drop down for the second time today, not sure what the problem others are having is about.

Also water slide decals are best put over a coat of epoxy, not directly on the blank.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 03:51PM by Phil Erickson.

Posted by: Mel Shimizu (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 24, 2015 03:55PM

works for me.

Posted by: Joseph Pergola (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: November 27, 2015 05:32AM

Phil,

Google: decal making tutorial by David Rogers

Being in the printing profession I would suggest using a vector based program for your designs if you can, and also use a rich black that is a combination of cmyk. Printing process inks are transparent so black is not dense on its own. For my decals I employ 60C 60m 40y 100k. I use a heavy coat of cpxtra on the base wrap. I use the testors decal paper from hobby lobby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster