I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFL Decals
Posted by: Craig Robbins (---.aby.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 08, 2015 08:48PM

Have a quick question for you guys. Im looking for a NY Giants decal to place on a blank. Ive used the collegiate decals available from Mud Hole several times in the past, and was wondering if anyone carried an NFL version of these decals? Thanks in advance! - Craig

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL Decals
Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 08, 2015 09:38PM

The only ones I could find was Finger Nail Decals, they are not that big

Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: October 09, 2015 01:23AM

Craig,
If you unhide your email, I'll send you what I have.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: Kevin Boonstra (---.edu.static.optonline.net)
Date: October 09, 2015 07:33AM

I've used the finger nail decals they work well. If you check out my photos I have a Giants rod that I have done with the nail decal.

Posted by: John Locke (---.att.com)
Date: October 09, 2015 12:14PM

I ordered NY Yankees fingernail decals from here: www.CountryCraftsnBling.com

You just can not appreciate how much I hated ordering Yankees decals from anywhere, Red Sox Nation and all that. But I'm making a rod for my best friend (even if he is a Yankees fan)

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 11, 2015 08:56PM

John; Do you have Something Bigger than Nail decals?

Posted by: Craig Robbins (---.aby.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 12, 2015 05:19PM

Thanks guys. I was hoping for something a bit bigger, but if need be I will try to make the fingernail decals work...!!!

Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (---.sub-70-196-231.myvzw.com)
Date: October 12, 2015 07:33PM

Why not do a barber pole wrap or even a spiral wrap(in Giants team colors) over a dragon scale wrap? Just wide enough to clear the decals on both sides by 1/8" or so. Add the fingernail decals as you see fit in regards to spacing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2015 07:36PM by Chuck McIntyre.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 13, 2015 10:55AM

I have the MudHole calander get it every year It has several pole wraps Simple and darn things look real good
Use there colors and put as said the decals in say the white Use NCP white with regular blue and red cp and clear should look nice And simple

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Craig Robbins (---.dnr.state.ga.us)
Date: October 15, 2015 03:44PM

Ok guys - I finally had time to look into this a bit further. I think I can make the fingernail decals work, although they are a bit smaller than I was hoping to find. However, I need a bit of clarification. I cannot seem to find a true sticker/decal, but I am finding water slide fingernail tattoos. Are these what some of you are using? If so, are they staying put when epoxy is placed over them? If not, is there a true decal that I am just not finding out there? Thanks once again! - Craig

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster