I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Cork & EVA supply?
Posted by: Adam Lathrop (141.197.12.---)
Date: September 01, 2015 07:34AM

I've thought of making some grips for my next rod but can't seem to source out all the cool colors of cork and eva that everyone seems to find. Where are some good sources? also all of the thin sheet material and what looks like pieces of ivory etc.

Thanks
Adam

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cork & EVA supply?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: September 01, 2015 08:07AM

There is a host of sponsors to the left that carry every item you ask about.

Some of the more exotic acrylic pieces can be source from knife or woodworking supply houses, although many of the component supply sponsors now carry some of that type material.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: September 01, 2015 08:08AM

Mudhole, GetBit, Janns are just some of those who carry the EVA blocks in all the colors.

Posted by: Chris Herrera (---.dynamic.acsalaska.net)
Date: September 01, 2015 11:44AM

Adam,

I really like the premium burl cork, from Custom Fly Grips. I purchased a bunch from them a little while back, and the colors are great.

[customflygrips.com]

Chris

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 01, 2015 04:29PM

All things Cork:
[www.mudhole.com]

Cork Jig:
[www.mudhole.com]

All things EVA:
[www.mudhole.com]

All items in stock for shipment today!

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Roger Templon (---.aoo.pa.atlanticbb.net)
Date: September 01, 2015 04:30PM

I got some "premium burl" cork rings in blue from Custom Fly Grips (sponsor in the list to the left). Very nice !!

Rog

Posted by: Adam Lathrop (141.197.12.---)
Date: September 29, 2015 07:24AM

In searching online I see that places like Hobbylobby and the like sell eva sheet material. Is it of a different density then the eva used for grip making or am I missing something?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster