I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sure would like to know the CCS. . .
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.adr02.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: August 31, 2015 06:06PM

Sure would like to know the CCS data for the Fuji Point Blank PB691MXF, Before spending that kind of money on a blank, it would be nice to know the full specs of the blank. but we've been through this hole before.

If anyone has it, I would be very grateful to get it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sure would like to know the CCS. . .
Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: September 01, 2015 10:01AM

I'll measure that blank today, Michael.

Date: September 01, 2015 11:17AM

Thank you very much, Jim.

Date: September 01, 2015 06:05PM

The PB691MXF weighs 1.74 oz

The blank, when 10% of its length is supported (8-inches of an overall length of 81-inches), requires 222 pennies to bend 27-inches (1/3 of its length) off horizontal (level at the point of support). Using North Fork Composites chart the ERN is 19.5 (or 585 grams of weight).

The tip angle measured at the bend described above is 75-degrees.

DBI = 19.5:75

I have photos of my technique if you need them.

Date: September 02, 2015 10:59AM

Thanks, Jim, that is right in the slot I was looking for. You have just sold a pretty pricey blank that I would not have bought without having the data. I'll make it into a total Fuji rod, wrap included. My son will be so happy on Christmas morning.

Date: September 02, 2015 02:04PM

Fantastic Michael. Thanks. Do you realize how bad you're spoiling that boy?

Date: September 02, 2015 04:58PM

Jim, yes I do, but he is a really great son. He's not a kid, 45 years old, and he's an avid and very good fisherman. I got back into rod building because he said a guide had told him that the most rewarding upgrade to his fishing experience would be to get a state of the art rod. So I built him a St Croix SC V 7 foot MF. And that started a resurrection of my building. Since then I've built many rods for him, including 2 more St Croix's, a Loomis crankbait rod, a St Croix SCV for his wife, SCIII's for his kids, two top of the line fly rods for him, and many rods for me, one a year for a charity, and a few more for close friends. This rod is intended for Lake st Clair hard jerkbaits, a technique in which you have to be able to impart a very sharp twitch/jerk into the bait or the smallmouths just won't respond. In addition to all this, he still asks me to go bonefishing with him.

Date: September 03, 2015 04:05PM

At least you don't have to worry about him leaving a custom rod in the bed of a pick up. "Never know when I might need it, Dad", was my son's response. He'll hit 30 in a few years...I'll build him another one then.;)

I think your son will fall in love with a POINT Blank for what you're describing. Bernie Schultz just secured a berth in the Classic using POINT Blank rods on Lake St Clair that I built for him about a month ago. He is 100% convinced he picked up extra fish thanks to the sensitivity and response of POINT Blank.

Date: September 04, 2015 03:41PM

Jim, please send me an email message.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster