I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

SeaGuide RSOL ring information
Posted by: Rick Hall (---.msl-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: August 17, 2015 04:10PM

Hello Again to all. I would like to invite everyone to look at the information on our web site about our new rings. [sea-guide.com] will take you to our prepared data on hardness, weight, and toughness. These rings will be offered in a variety of frames that will include but not limited to titanium, but also many of our stainless steel frames.

We try to have the most complete information for rod builders available, including frame weights, and our hardness scales for our guides.

Only a couple of weeks until our launch of SeaGuide products to the US market and the new RSOL rings will be at the front.

Rick Hall
Global Sales Manager
SeaGuide Corporation
406-750-2122
www.sea-guide.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SeaGuide RSOL ring information
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 17, 2015 04:45PM

Where are they coming from What country

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 17, 2015 05:51PM

Rick;

will have an inventor of the 2.5-3.5-4 mm single ft guides?
Will you have these in titanium?
And am curious as to why you do not show a 3 mm guide?

Posted by: Rick Hall (---.msl-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: August 17, 2015 07:35PM

Our rings and guides are made at our factory in China. We are a little unique in the fact that we not only build our guide frames, we also make our own ceramics, and do all of our own plating and anodizing. Our new ceramic rings RSOL are made in ultra high temperature ovens, under extremely high pressure.

As for titanium single foot guides, I should have in stock down to size 3.5, and size 4. I do not think we will stock the size 2.5, not enough call for that size to inventory. No real reason for no size 3, I will check with our engineers to see if it is in the works. If you look on our website under our catalog tab is our retail price list. Notice at the rear of the listing pages 37-46 are the guides and tops with our RSOL rings that we will stock here in the US warehouse.

Date: August 17, 2015 07:58PM

Rick;
Thank you for the quick response.

How big of a call for the 2.5's before you inventory them or can they be special ordered?

Posted by: Ladd Flock (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: August 17, 2015 08:13PM

Thanks Rick. This is informative - andI I earned a new word: Intrados
[www.google.com]

FWIT, I've begun using size 3 guides based on many past board discussions. It's the goldiocks size - small enough to achieve meaningful weight reduction, wraps aren't too difficult to manage, and I can thread them with the naked eye. I understand your needs to manage invientory and I suppose 3.5s work fine, too. 3s work for me and I'll be buying more in the future.

All the best and looking forward to reviews.

Posted by: Steve Hartzell (---.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: August 17, 2015 09:43PM

You definitely have some unique designs. Where can we see pictures of rods built with some of these components? I'd like to see the XCJS, XCKS and XCDS casting seats on a completed rod to see how the grips fit the angled rear edge.

Steve Hartzell
Lake Conroe - Willis, Texas

Date: August 18, 2015 07:41AM

Ladd;
For what its worth I've done much testing with micro guides from sizes 4.5- mm down to 1- mm.
There are definitely noticeable improvements when using 3- mm's over 3.5's.

From such testing, I have (since introducing Micro guides) long considered : that the 2.5's are the gold standard in performance noticeably out performing the 3 mm's

But also the standard that many are afraid to go to.

Posted by: Nate Nelson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: August 18, 2015 09:54AM

@Steve Gardner - can you elaborate on the performance improvement? I have gone down to size 4 and am interested in learning more about smaller guides.

Date: August 18, 2015 07:35PM

Nate here are a couple of links to some of the tests done 7 years ago. Hope that helps, and I can tell you the I've built 2 & 2.5 mm setups that have out cast everything I've built with larger guides.
One of the rods built for throwing Sinko's will cast further then your ability to effective set the hook .

Every thing you can do to lighten a rod in front of the handle improves performance by allowing the blank's natural flex to remain closer to its intended design. 2 mm are about 1/2 the weight 3's and 3's about half the weight of 4's--.. 6- 3mm guides weigh about the same as 1- 6mm guide

Another advantage is the the closer the guide's size is to the line's size the more the guide tames the line eliminating flop and the faster that happens the less stored energy created by the casting action is lost. Allowing for that energy to aid in forward propulsion of the lure, resulting in longer casts.

[rodbuilding.org]

[rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Ryan McBride (---.wavecable.com)
Date: August 20, 2015 01:43PM

Steve,
Your a genius when it comes to these mini guide setups! Lets talk when you get a chance again. We have something new we are working on! :)

R. McBride

Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Posted by: Ryan McBride (---.wavecable.com)
Date: August 20, 2015 01:44PM

Steve,
Your a genius when it comes to these mini guide setups! Lets talk when you get a chance again. We have something new we are working on! :)

R. McBride

Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster