I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Tiger Wrap Color Help
Posted by: Nate Nelson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: July 28, 2015 09:43PM

Tiger Wrap color help: I recently built a personal rod on the Rainshadow Revelation blank. I wrapped the guides in black with a neon yellow NCP accent. On the hook keeper o used the same colors but did a small JTOB with silver as the "frame" for the neon yellow OB.

Here's where my question starts, I'd like to do a Tiger Wrap in the split grip that is mostly Neon Yellow and Blackwith some metallic silver accent. If I wrap the base in Yellow/Black/Metallic Silver with a top wrap of Black/Yellow sacrificing the Black give me the colors I am shooting for? I've only done one of these and an trying to avoid having to multiple tries. Thanks in advance for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tiger Wrap Color Help
Posted by: Sergiy Korniychuk (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: July 28, 2015 10:12PM

I used metallic pink and black once. Wanted metallic pink as accent colour. Did not get the desired result. Outer thread is the colour you would get, and base is a contrast. Yellow for the base would not do much, i would use white ncp instead. Black and white ncp for base and yellow as outer thread. Sucrificial does not matter, use any unwanted colour in your stock. But to get the metallic accent i would use a siver metallic glitter mixed with epoxy and add to more coats over it. Not sure if this is what you thinking of getting.
The best would be to do the wrap about 2 inches long on scrap blank and see if you getting desired effect before you do it on rod.

Posted by: Grant Darby (---.wavecable.com)
Date: July 29, 2015 01:12PM

Don't know what you want to end up with but if you use yellow on top it's going to be a more yellow tiger. Black, yellow, silver should look good in any order.

Posted by: Garry Thornton (184.151.37.---)
Date: July 30, 2015 10:47PM

In my opinion, you only weaken the effect by using three threads on the bottom. I much prefer the look of two threads.
If you want the wrap to be yellow, use black and yellow on the bottom and yellow on the top. Frankly, unless the wrap is quite short, that sounds very bright to me...I would use black and yellow on the bottom with black and a sacrificial thread on top to give a darker more subtle effect. If I did black over, I might add yellow trim bands, with a few turns of silver as trim rings at both ends to keep the theme. If I did do yellow over, I would use black and silver as my trim.
Here's a black and gray, black over to give you an idea what it might look like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2015 10:52PM by Garry Thornton.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster