I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Gray Foam Brushes
Posted by: Ron Hossack (---.spkn.qwest.net)
Date: July 02, 2015 07:49PM

It seems that when the wife volunteered to help out at the 8 year old grandsons school once a week that also included the use of any of my rod building items if they helped out the school. I went out to apply some urethane
to a hollow form and discovered I have no Gray Foam Brushes left.

I used to get my gray foam brushes from either from the Orange or Blue Big Box Stores. Now I can't find them so am looking for a source.

Any one have a source for these or even better would be getting the gray foam in small sheets without the handles would also be fine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gray Foam Brushes
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 02, 2015 08:57PM

I find them readily at most hardware stores. The grey ones will hold up to solvent based finishes, the black foam ones often seem to "melt."

Posted by: Bryan Yates (---.townes.net)
Date: July 03, 2015 04:01PM

WalMart, hardware section. I picked up a couple of dozen this week, and they are the grey ones that don't melt.

Posted by: Ron Hossack (---.spkn.qwest.net)
Date: July 04, 2015 04:41PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I find them readily at most hardware stores. The
> grey ones will hold up to solvent based finishes,
> the black foam ones often seem to "melt."

Tom, I went to 3 local hardware stores and all the had was the black on

Bryan Yates Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WalMart, hardware section. I picked up a couple
> of dozen this week, and they are the grey ones
> that don't melt.

Bryan thanks ... I have 4 Walmarts within 10 miles of my house and not a one had the gray brushes. I looked online and Walmart has them marked for "Clearance" so I can't even do a "ship to store" for them.

I did find this ... not 100% sure if it's gray or not and I get a mixed review on the question, [www.amazon.com]

But the good thing is I'm a Prime member and the shipping is free and the wife may have 48 brushes for her craft room

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster