I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

2 different questions
Posted by: Cameron Johnson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: June 27, 2015 11:47PM

Hey guys so for my first question, what blank would you recommend for 1/2oz or 3/4oz football jigs for bass fishing? This is a technique I have never really done. I wasnt sure if a heavy flipping stick would be good, or something a little different. Id like to build it on a MHX blank so what of those would you recommend? Thanks!

Secondly, I have been wanting to try out an Immortal or Eternity2 blank. I am not trying to bash anyone online so Im not going to say who I have been dealing with for Rainshadow blanks, but I am not happy with a few different aspects of how they do business, and I am ready for a change. I would like to hear some recommendations as to who online offers wholesale that I could talk to and try to order some of these blanks from. Thanks again!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2 different questions
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 28, 2015 12:03AM

If you have the business license to qualify for wholesale, many of the Batson dealers on the left can set you up. I use Utmost for my Batson needs.

Posted by: Roger Rierson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: June 28, 2015 08:57AM

Have you tried Get Bit Outdoors? Nice folks.

Posted by: Robert Tanner (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: June 28, 2015 09:41AM

I like MHX mb844 or mb874 they r both great blanks for jigs.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 28, 2015 10:05AM

Cameron,

Perhaps you are aware that Batson has experienced a delay with delivery of the Immortal and Eternity2 rod blanks in the spring of this year. Yesterday, I exchanged emails with an employee at Batson who informed me they now have both blanks in stock.

As far as a dealer goes, I could say nothing bad about the excellent service I have received from Carol at Utmost Enterprises. The one aspect of their service is that they only charge direct costs on the shipping of blanks and components. I recently received 7'-6" Eternity2 blanks from them and the shipping cost was an amazingly low $9.11 from Sequim, WA to So Calif!

Utmost is my "go to" dealer for all of Batson's items!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: sante morrone (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 28, 2015 10:23AM

I ordered a eternity 2 etec72mh from utmost enterprises I recvd it in two days and the shipping was only 12.61 to southern California
great service

Sante Morrone
the fisherman

Posted by: Cameron Johnson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: June 28, 2015 01:39PM

Thanks everyone for the posts! I will be getting in touch with Utmost on Monday!

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: June 28, 2015 04:21PM

I can only echo what Donald said about Utmost. Both Carol and Mick are excellent to work with. And as was mentioned a couple of times. Shipping is lightning fast and as inexpensive as it comes.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 29, 2015 01:39PM

Cameron,
I would also 2nd the recommendation that Tanner made in the MB844-MHX or MB874-MHX.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: June 30, 2015 08:27AM

As for a blank for the purpose you mentioned. You said you wanted to try an Immortal or an Eternity2 blank. Why not try one for this build? I just ordered some components from Utmost and Mud Hole to build the type of rod you're looking to build. I plan on using mine for Carolina rigging, and heavier football jigs in deeper water, and the rod will also be used for pitching to shallow cover when a deep water bite isn't available. My choice of blanks was an Immortal IMMC72MH.

I'm looking forward to building and using a rod that is built on a blank that has gotten so many rave reviews by those that have used them.

I can't wait !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster