I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

who are OEM's using for thread
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.direcpc.com)
Date: May 20, 2015 04:28PM

With the many discussions regarding thread lately, I have begun to wonder who the OEM's are using now that Gudebrod is no longer around. I recall specifically that St. Croix used them and if I recall so did Lamiglass but I may be off on them.

Just curios on a rainy lazy day.

Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: who are OEM's using for thread
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: May 20, 2015 05:11PM

Prowrap

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.olypen.com)
Date: May 20, 2015 06:32PM

I'd be surprised if there was any major thread vendor that wasn't providing some thread to OEM's. We sell plenty of OEM's thread in the U.S. and overseas.

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Date: May 20, 2015 10:22PM

I am going to ask a question that I am sure I already know the answer to, but is there a way to find out who is using what so that you can match when it comes time for repair? I know that is a shot in the dark question but it never hurts to ask.

thanks,
Tom

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 21, 2015 09:51AM

I suggest that the best way to know who an OEM uses for a thread supplier is to call the manufacturer in question and simply ask them.

Most of them will readily supply the name and even thread color for a particular rod.

But, remember, there are thousands of manufacturers around the world who make thread. It would not surprise me at all to learn that a manufacturer uses a thread maker that may not be at all familiar to anyone here on the forum.

Good luck

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: May 21, 2015 10:04AM

Also remember that most of the thread "companies" that offer thread to the custom rod building market don't actually make thread. They buy it from the manufacturer and relable it for resale. So the bigger rod companies most probably just buy it direct from the same people that these thread "companies" do.

Posted by: Thomas F. Thornhill (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: May 21, 2015 11:24AM

I've been outwrapping for over twenty years and I have wrapped rods for Loomis , Lamiglas, Sage, Burkheimer and many other companies when I wrapped for Ordella and D&E Rods. All of the companies I wrapped for used Gudebrod, it was the standard of the industry.

Posted by: Thomas F. Thornhill (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: May 21, 2015 11:24AM

Now i see how people get double posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 11:34AM by Thomas F. Thornhill.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 21, 2015 01:12PM

As Tom said..... GB was the standard.....As Mudhole said..... ProWrap is now the standard.

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Date: May 21, 2015 03:02PM

thanks all for the replies!! I guess, I will simply ask the manufacturer when the time comes.

Thanks again,
Tom

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 21, 2015 03:59PM

Or
Take a large section of the old thread off and outside ( very good light ) look at it underneath and match it to a spool of thread

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: eric zamora (---.lightspeed.frsnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 22, 2015 10:44AM

Tom, I know with Sage fly rods, i simply called them when wrapping an XP for a buddy. they provided the gudebrod color over the phone.

eric
fresno, ca.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster