I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lamiglas and Dick Posey
Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: May 15, 2015 05:55PM

I am so sorry to inform everyone that Dick Posey, the owner of Lamiglas died last night. Dick was a long time friend of mine and a real boon to the rod builders and fishermen around the world, not just the USA. He will be sorely missed.

I'd rather be fishing!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamiglas and Dick Posey
Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: May 15, 2015 07:24PM

I am very sorry to hear that. Over the years I have had a number of dealings with Mr. Posey and always found him to be a complete gentleman and credit to the industry.

Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: May 16, 2015 10:12AM

I too am sorry to hear of this. My prayers go out to his family.

Thanks - Marc

Keep it simple - that's all I can handle!

Posted by: Vic Cutter (---.olypen.com)
Date: May 19, 2015 05:32PM

The fishing tackle business world will not be the same without Dick Posey. I had the pleasure of knowing Dick for 44 years and during that time I was a consumer, customer, competitor, coworker and finally a vendor of Dick’s. He was always one of the most considerate, kindest, most thoughtful and honorable men that I’ve had dealings with in the fishing rod business. Dick never failed to spend time with me if I needed his advice and consul and his pool of knowledge was deep. There are many rod companies in existence today that have roots in Lamiglas and Lamiglas wouldn’t have been Lamiglas without Dick Posey at the helm. I can’t say “Hatteras Heaver” or “Kenai Killer” without thinking of Dick and there are hundreds of other rod actions and designs out there that Dick had a hand in developing. Through the years Dick mentored many people in the industry and his influence will be missed in the family of rod builders throughout the world.

Posted by: Bill Falconer (207.203.39.---)
Date: May 26, 2015 03:59PM

I had the pleasure of touring the Lamiglas facility a few times more than a decade ago. He was a very nice man and always had time to teach and inform. He will be missed.

Posted by: Ryan McBride (---.wavecable.com)
Date: May 26, 2015 05:10PM

For Immediate release:

“I FEEL sad that I will not see Dick Posey at another industry event. I have been in and around this industry my whole life. I cannot remember an event where I did not see “In my mind” LEGEND Dick Posey. The last time I got to personally spend time with the LEGEND was at a dinner the Batson TEAM hosted in North Carolina. It was the last night of the ICRBE and we had a great steak dinner together to celebrate LIFE and to count our blessings. He is an inspiration to me on his longevity and integrity in this great “Fishing” Industry. I will miss his spark plug personality.” Says Bill Batson – CEO, Batson

“Dick Posey was a true pioneer in developing modern graphite fishing rods. We can only remember one time that Dick was not at ICast. He was a very humble man and always fun to be around. We would often go to the Lamiglass booth and he would always show me what was new and make time to talk. To say he will be missed is a gross understatement,” Mike Thorson, VP of Batson Enterprises.

R. McBride

Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster