I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

michigan rod builders
Posted by: keith corwin (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: April 16, 2015 08:52PM

The Michigan Rod Builders are having their fourth annual event, 4/18/2015,from 10:00 to 4:00. The seminars include Winn grips, C.S.S., Birch bark grips, bamboo fly rod rebuilding, guide placement, along with many mini seminars. Pot Luck lunch, door prizes and raffle prizes. Last year we had 49 that attended, hope for 60 or more this year!!! Event is being held @ MUCC, 2010 Wood st., Lansing Mi. 48921. This is going to be a blast!! If there is an possible way to attend you need to. Hope to see you there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: michigan rod builders
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: April 16, 2015 10:25PM

Keith ... any chance you'll finish the grip on momma's rod at this event???? LOL

Posted by: Randy Kruger (---.cbpu.com)
Date: April 16, 2015 11:17PM

I don't want to worry anyone, but if you see any kind of fresh road kill on the way to the gathering, Keith, would you pick it up, so I can put it into the Gumbo... LOL See you there.. RK

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.adr02.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: April 17, 2015 02:50PM

I have a sort of fresh raccoon in front of my house. I'll bring it along. Randy, you have any of that Rainshadow panfish rod you like so much that you could show us?

Posted by: keith corwin (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: April 19, 2015 08:17AM

No Ken, Ann forced me to go to Jamaica then to Florida for a little fishing and forbid me to work on her rod. I am in the process of making the grips now. She wants a few grips to choose from. Kinda like which pair of shoes to wear from the 100 pair in the closet. I hope to have it ready in two or three weeks.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: April 19, 2015 10:08PM

Well Keith - I knew she was smarter than you... Jamaica and Florida top grip dust any day

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: April 20, 2015 01:01PM

Had a nice time at your gathering, it was the third time I've made it. Just want to personally thank the sponsors of the event, they were very well represented and many of the donations were quite generous. Between the door prizes and the raffle, most people left with more than 1 item. I'd like to personally thank Riley Rods, Rodgeeks, and the Skin Shop as some of their items made the long drive back home with me.

One of the planned speakers had a last minute cancellation so I volunteered to do an impromptu decorative wrap planning and Visual Wrap software demo for the group. I gave everyone one of my decorative wrap planning tools to take home also. We did experience some incompatibility problems between my old laptop and the Matt's newer projection system, so I apologize in that I sort of had to wing it a bit when it came to demonstrating the visual wrap for the group. I couldn't demonstrate everything that I would have liked to.

Oh, and the gumbo was top notch too.

See you all next year.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 01:09PM by John E Powell.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 22, 2015 07:15PM

Although I have never been to one of your Gatherings, I too would like to thank you. These gatherings are a lot of work and very rewarding for all who attend, and that makes it worth the effort.

Thanks to all of the presenters and all of those who sponsor these different groups for stepping up to make all of this possible. Sometime I would like to join forces with you and have an Ohio/and that state up North gathering.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster