I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Follow-up on search for Gudebrod thread
Posted by: David Sytsma (---.dhcp.klmz.mi.charter.com)
Date: April 15, 2015 06:01PM

Sorry to be so late in replying to those interested in the outcome of my search for Gudebrod green/black twist in a thread I started a month ago. After a lot of dead ends and ordering thread that ended up not being the color I was looking for (I'll use it anyway on another build), a gracious Rodboard member had six he was willing to sell me. It was an incredible gesture of kindness on his part. For those who are curious what the color was, it was Gudebrod Classic Twist in black/yellow. The color numbers are 001(black) and 207(yellow). When you finish the wrap, the yellow component appears almost an avocado color. Thanks again for everyone's help in my quest, and the Rodboard member (who will remain anonymous) who gave it a successful conclusion.

Dave Sytsma

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Follow-up on search for Gudebrod thread
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 15, 2015 06:05PM

Don't know if anyone had seen it But John Powell had a post saying he I think was Had a Lifetime Supply of that thread All ya can do is ask ??

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: April 16, 2015 10:17AM

Sorry, I can't help with this one.

I don't think I have ever had a spool of 001/207 in either A or C, it's a very unusual combo and not something I would have purchased over the years. Most of my oddball spools I acquired either by gift, by purchasing other people's inventory when they went out of business or passed on.

I do have a small 25-50yd ish size spool of a black and yellow 00 or 000 size silk thread that is similar, but from David's description my spool's yellow is quite a bit brighter, sort of a bumble bee look. That spool was among my mom's sewing and embroidery threads I acquired a while back, probably manufactured during the 1940s or 50s. I don't recall the brand offhand and the spool labeling has long since worn away.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 16, 2015 01:56PM

Did not mean to drop your name John Just remembered the Lifetime Supply of the thread and thought you could help

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: April 16, 2015 02:22PM

No worries Bill

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 16, 2015 06:51PM

David , Thanks for your follow up post. I have never seen that color combo,no wonder you had trouble finding it.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster