I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Two recent builds
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 14, 2015 08:07AM

Springtime - guys have started fishing. A little less activity everywhere.

Putting photos in the posts means they're harder to find later. And, of those 536 "people," some are the same ones coming back to read the replies. My administration pages shows that out of those 536, 191 were "unique" views. Thanks for the opinion, but I'm going to stick with what we have. It simply works very well for us.

I've done this long enough to know the yearly cycles of just about every aspect in rod building. Here's a prediction for you - Most rod building component supply dealers are going to see their sales drop considerably around the end of June, not to pick up again until sometime in September. Guess how I know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jimmy Crain Jr (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: April 15, 2015 02:26AM

Its your forum and your decision at the end of the day. I get that trust me. I like that you have been open to my suggestion even though you don't like it. I guess I'm mostly thrown off because this is the first forum I have ever been apart of that doesn't allow photos to be posted along with posts. Working here and there in a fly shop I would guess that the reason rod building component supply dealers are going to see sales drop at the end of June is because, people are out fishing. When your out fishing your not dream about how sweet it would be to be fishing out on the lake with the latest and greatest. Its when your around the house in the winter doing all the honey doo's that your dreaming about casting that next new sweet rod, and you convince her if you get this project done that you deserve that new rod and have it built in time for summer if not spring.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 15, 2015 06:56AM

This is also the only forum where people have to use their actual names, along with a host of other silly rules. But it's also the most successful rod building forum of all time. Note the list of the sponsors to the left - you won't see a list of rod building supply companies that long anywhere else, and for good reason.

Try the photo page. You might like it and after all, it is free.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: April 15, 2015 08:49AM

I must be missing sometning. To embed a photo in a post here you have to first upload the photos to an internet hosting site like photobucket or instagram and then copy the link and bring it back and post it here. It is just as easy if not easier to directly upload a photo to the photo page and then bring that link back here to the forum. Then all a guy has to do is just click on the link to have the photo appear. Seems easy enough to me.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster