I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lamiglass breaking ???
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2015 08:48PM

I am starting to here from customers and from the internet that Lamiglass multi piece blanks break Seems the furrels are not good ???
Does anyone know - for sure - if any of this is true For surf rods they are the first I think of
Now I wonder

Bill - willierods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamiglass breaking ???
Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2015 08:57PM

Bill, I have made over 1000 rods using Lamiglas blanks and only two that ever broke at the ferrule, and those were both the fault of the customer.

Date: March 31, 2015 09:29PM

Randy

That is why I asked Yet I have herd from several boards Just running around on the net Started to make me wonder if there quality is going down
Then again if one uses a light rod for the fish and it breaks it is always the companies fault Got to point that finger at everyone else and not one self where it belongs User error
Got a guy that wants a 2 piece 9 - 10 ft for strippers says he has broke a lami rod - user error ?? Looking at his price point the MXH blanks look good maybe in up to 4 oz he was looking for up to 3 yet - user error
What others do you suggest NorthFork does not seem to make any surf blanks he was asking
Type of guy that if a Loomis the old ones woud break he could get a new one That is why he liked them
Times have changed Limited lifetime warranty now

This is why I hate looking for a blank Can't trust the User

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2015 09:38PM

Companies that make and sell defective products don't stay in business over the long haul. Don't put too much trust into what you read on internet without knowing who the people are making those type statements.

Date: March 31, 2015 09:46PM

Thanks Tom That is why I asked
Now I have to find out How and what happened to break the Lami rod This will be like pulling teeth LOL

Tom
do you know anything about Seeker I have and my understanding is someone has taken over CEO or company position and I see thinks like the Hercules blanks seem to be going away
Billy V does not sell them any more??

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2015 10:02PM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.sub-70-211-137.myvzw.com)
Date: April 01, 2015 02:55PM

Seeker was sold to Eric Maulhardt and was moved to Oxnard Ca. If you go to their web site and get their phone number and call, I'm sure they will be happy to answer any questions you might have. wwwseekerrodsusa.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster