I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Swamplands Second annual Rodbuilders Gathering in the Swamp
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.lightspeed.nworla.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 25, 2015 11:57PM

y wife and I just decided on the date when we'll host our second annual "Gathering in the Swamps" rodbuilders gathering on May 2nd and 3rd 2015, which is on Saturday and Sunday. Starting at 9:00 AM and ending at who knows what time PM.

This is an open invitation to anyone from anywhere that wants to come on down for a cràwfish boil on Saturday with all the fixin's like potatoes, sausage, carrots, mushrooms and whatever other critters we can toss into the pot.

If planning on coming please let me know so that I can get an idea of how much food to prepare.

We'll have several demos going on during the day Saturday and on Sunday.

Also, I've received word that Bill and Karry Batson will be there along with New York's own Billy Vivona and hopefully we'll have other company reps coming down. Just waiting on them to say the word that they'll be here.

Lathe demos, wrapping, finishing, grip making, crosswrap other demos, tricks and anything else that may be of interest. Anyone interested in volunteering to do a demo of a technique that you're proficient in would be most welcome. If we could get a list of volunteers ahead of time we could post the demos here.

And of course we'll try to have door prizes and everything I have in stock, if anyone wants to purchase anything, will be on sale at wholesale or below wholesale prices.

We'll keep everyone posted as to any updates we may have. Hope to have a large crowd on hand for a fun filled weekend.

My wife Rachael just made up a list of hotels near our shop in Houma, Louisiana. Address is : 204 Angelle Dr Houma LA 70360

Plantation Inn .76 Miles 985-868-0500
Ramada Inn .92 Miles 985-879-4871
Quality Hotel 1.02 Miles 985-868-5851...
Fairfield Inn 1.23 Miles 985-580-1050
Courtyard 1.41 Miles 985-223-8996
Holiday Inn 1.76 Miles 985-601-4500
Microtel Inn & Suites 1.98 Miles 855-907-0002
Wingate 2.69 Miles 985-872-4436
Hampton Inn 3.11 Miles 985-873-3140
La Quinta Inn 3.11 Miles 985-879-1646
Comfort Inn 3.62 Miles 985-223-8952
Houma Terrebonne Civic Center - Campground in Parking Lot
346 Civic Center Blvd
Houma LA 70360
Campground 20.00 per night water and electricity provided - 2 Miles from shop

Lance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Swamplands Second annual Rodbuilders Gathering in the Swamp
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2015 06:57AM

Really looking forward to this, going to be a great weekend. I will do my best to make a complete mess out of as much of your shop as possible, EVA dust and chunks and thread mixed in with crawfish tails and haeads everywhere and empty glasses of hurricanes - can't wait!

Posted by: Michael C. Smith (---.static.leds.al.charter.com)
Date: March 26, 2015 07:44AM

Lance can't for it to get here looking forward to it. I am going down to Robertsdale tonight for the LARBS meeting that Alnglers Resource is putting on.Talked to Jim the other day and he said you were going to be there.Look foward to meeting you.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 26, 2015 03:25PM

That really sounds like a good time! a Yankee going down amongst the snakes and gators ooooweee! And good food to boot! You guys will have a blast. Good Luck and keep Billy from being hurt by the critters!!!

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2015 05:33PM

maybe keep the critters from getting hurt from Billy LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Tim Waddell (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 27, 2015 09:23AM

I'll be there! Can't wait.

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: March 27, 2015 01:04PM

Billy's going to need an alligator hat. The Alligator should sport a hurricane in each paw and be donned with a wizard's hat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 01:05PM by John E Powell.

Posted by: joe williams (---.basf-corp.com)
Date: March 31, 2015 12:57AM

Gonna try and make this. Sounds like a great time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster