I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

anglers workshop open or closed
Posted by: Glenn McMurrian (---.bvtn.or.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 19, 2015 12:01AM

Has anyone ordered off the Anglers Workshop webpage in the last week.

Glenn McMurrian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anglers workshop open or closed
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 19, 2015 12:04AM

Have not ordered this or last week, but have had contact with them today.

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 19, 2015 09:43AM

Anglers Workshop was purchased by a company called Lure Parts Online in Springfield, Illinois. Jon Britt is still very involved as a "consultant" and the inventory carried by Lure Parts Online seems to be every bit as good as what Jon carried before. It's been a very nice, seamless transition as far as we can tell. If you call the old Anglers Workshop number you actually still reach Jon. I'm sure they will bump up their profile when they are 100% sure everything is working smoothly.

Posted by: Bryan Yates (---.townes.net)
Date: March 19, 2015 12:17PM

I placed an order last week. There was a lot of confusion and misinformation regarding the status of the order when the package did not arrive and I called to inquire over the status.
So things don't seem to be smoothed out quite yet, but am very hopeful for the future. I like the mix of inventory they carry, and they are located much closer to me than the other large retailers.

Posted by: Nathan Moore (---.bpssmtp.org)
Date: March 19, 2015 12:39PM

I ordered last week and got my order on Monday...smooth transaction. Have another order ready to place as soon as the customer gets me the check

Posted by: james devine (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2015 01:19PM

Placed an order Tuesday and got an instant reply that the order was received. Order shows on their website as being processed

Posted by: james devine (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2015 01:23PM

Placed an order Tuesday and got an instant reply that the order was received. Order shows on their website as being processed

Posted by: David Sytsma (---.dhcp.klmz.mi.charter.com)
Date: March 19, 2015 02:16PM

Just put in an order 10 minutes ago. Confirmation has already been received. I called them to verify shipping times and they seemed to think it might arrive tomorrow or Monday It's the first time I've used them since they moved, so we'll see what happens. They are the closest supplier for me.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2015 11:28PM

I placed an order for a NFC High Mod dropshot rod in the middle of February with Anglers Workshop. I placed several phone calls and send two emails the later part of Fed ./ 1st part of March requesting a status update on the backorder with no response. I got frustrated with not receiving any reply and I cancelled the order for the blank. After several weeks I finally got a refund credit applied to my charge card. I truthfully didn't realize they had charged me for a rod they did not even have in stock.

A week after cancelling the order I was down at the Fred Hall Show in Long Beach, CA talking with the Batson Enterprises Team and checking out their new Eternity 2 & Immortal blanks. The individual I was talking with told me Bill Batson had negotiated a deal with Gary Loomis and Batson Enterprises will be the exclusive US distributors for the Northfork Composites Rod Blanks. This information is just based on what I was told by the individual with whom I was speaking.

I don't know if this alleged arrangement contributed the difficulties I was having in getting a NFC from Angler's Workshop. I knew the blank would be a backordered item when I placed the order because it is a very expensive blank. My customer just got frustrated when I could not give him any estimation of when I might receive the blank

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2015 11:36PM by Donald R Campbell.

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.dhcp.rvsd.ca.charter.com)
Date: March 20, 2015 01:41PM

Placed an order with them before the sale and move. Order was partially fulfilled due to stock. I replaced order soon after the move. They continued to be excellent and had no problems. The new company seem to really seek to give excellent service. The bonus is that I also end ordering some hard to find lure building parts and saved on shipping as it was combined. Just one positive datapoint.

Mo

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 21, 2015 10:51PM

As a long tern AW customer, I was really concerned about the sale and move. Additionally, my first order with the new firm, did no go well, (shortages and misfills) however they were quick to correct the errors and my subsequent orders and been handled promptly and with good communications. I think a physical move of this distance, along with combining systems was bound to have some startup issues.

There are ongoing problems with sourcing blanks manufactured offshore currently, has much to do with the long West Coast port union labor slow downs. It is and has effected numerous small businesses!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster