I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

john deere decals
Posted by: Robert crabtree (---.mycingular.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 01:59PM

Hi all anyone ever build a john deere themed rod i cant find any kind of decals anywhere is there any sponser that could make one any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: john deere decals
Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 03:18PM

Hi Robert

Years ago I built my young grandson a John Deere theme rod. If you try to get a decal made you will hear about copyright and all that kind of stuff. The simplist thing to do is go to Google Images and type in John Deere. it will give you plenty of options on style decals.

I made my own by using "white backed" water slide decal paper. Once you print it on your printer be sure to clear coat the decal. I use clear laquer but others use acrylic and other clear paints.

Another option is go to a copy center and have them print them for you but i doubt they will have the white backed decal paper. But you can supply it to them.

Maybe one of the sponsers on the left may have them and save you this effort, but it is easy and fun to make.

Tom

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Robert crabtree (---.mycingular.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 07:49PM

I hear you on the copyright i couldent even find any tractor models at the hobby shop and i live in tractor country ..frustrating to say the least

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 26, 2015 12:17AM

Bob, e - bay has them under {John Deere toy decals} there for toy restorations. Or go to a John Deere lawn equipment dealer, And get a nice color Brochure on good paper and cut one out what you like.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 04:32AM by Jay Dubay.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.adr02.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 26, 2015 07:28AM

If you cannot find suitable decals, and have the same trouble with water slide that I do, a good media is Papillio waterproof white vinyl. Takes inkjet printing well, easy to handle. Use a UV fixative over it, and if you have cheap refilled ink cartidges in your printer, replace them with OEM before printing your decals.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 28, 2015 09:22PM

Rob, Go to a craft store such as Michels. They have them. If you want I could send you the ones I have at cost and the price of postage. E-MAIL me.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 28, 2015 10:50PM

Rob, You gotta be kiddin me, just for fun I Googled (John Deere) stickers and was nearly blinded by the amount of items that came up. You gotta try a little harder.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Victor Heal (173.209.212.---)
Date: March 01, 2015 07:40PM

If you do any weaving I have a simple left list/pattern.

Date: March 01, 2015 07:41PM

Date: March 01, 2015 07:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster