I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Black Hole USA at ICRBE
Posted by: kil song (199.72.74.---)
Date: February 23, 2015 08:08AM

It was fun. We didn't know what to expect and what to prepare because it was the first show for us.
It was different from big shows we attended. Many looked for freshwater blanks, but we didn't have any though Black Hole is known for excellent freshwater rods.
It was nice to meet many other exhibitors there and show our products.
Our new prototype 1.4 oz snapper rods drew lots of attention among exhibitors as well as visitors. We have to increase our order of the blanks substantially based on responses. :)
We should get the blanks by the end of next months.
It is tough schedules for us. We have New England Saltwater Show in Providence, RI this weekend and fly to LA to attend Fred Hall Show in Long Beach, CA only after one day rest. after RI show.
But we are enjoying. it. :) .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Black Hole USA at ICRBE
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 23, 2015 09:04AM

Your booth was among the best looking there and I heard nothing but positive comments from folks who I spoke with about your product.

Posted by: mick vickers (---.a1a.zs.ncren.net)
Date: February 23, 2015 11:25AM

nice talking to you and thanks for the help

Posted by: mick vickers (---.a1a.zs.ncren.net)
Date: February 23, 2015 11:28AM

nice talking to you and thanks for the help

Posted by: kil song (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 23, 2015 02:07PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your booth was among the best looking there and I
> heard nothing but positive comments from folks who
> I spoke with about your product.
>
> ................
Thanks Tom for your kind words.
Fishing rods used in Japan and Korea is different from rods used in the US.
Fishermen there favor very light rods even for big fish.
I got confidence our Black Hole rods can compete with the very best rods in the world from crappie rod to tuna rods.
We plan to go into fresh water markets as the Company is known for freshwater bass rods for years. We plan to display bass blanks and fly rod blanks at the EXPO next year.

Posted by: wayne fowlkes (---.nrflva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 24, 2015 01:17AM

It was grate to see you again I hope to see you next year when you have the time come by my shop maybe we can go to lunch or something. I wish you luck on the Fred Hall show

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 24, 2015 04:57PM

Are the "1.4 oz snapper rods" listed on the web site yet? If so what are they called? Sounds like something that would be perfect for my waters. We have lots of moderate sized snappers and current is such that we don't need to fish a lot of lead.

Kil, what would you advise for a drag setting on those blanks? Also what range of sinker weights? No casting involved, just dropping a bait over the side.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: February 24, 2015 05:26PM

Russell Brunt Wrote:
> Are the "1.4 oz snapper rods" listed on the web
> site yet? If so what are they called? Sounds
> like something that would be perfect for my
> waters. We have lots of moderate sized snappers
> and current is such that we don't need to fish a
> lot of lead.
>
> Kil, what would you advise for a drag setting on
> those blanks? Also what range of sinker weights?
> No casting involved, just dropping a bait over the
> side.

we decided to name as " Cape Cod Tai Special". Tai means snapper in Japanese.
The blank is designed to catch Tai using slow jigging technique.
If you have many snappers in your area, try slow jigging using Tai-Rubber jigs. It is extremely popular in Japan and Korea.
They use jigs from 30g - 250g jigs depending on depth and current
I used upto 15 lb drag for testing, but it is recommended to use 4 lb - 12 lb line for the rod.
I'll go after mutton snapper in Dry Tortugas using 12 - 15 lb drag. I'll post my result. :)

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 24, 2015 08:06PM

4-12# line would be on the light side for most of my snapper fishing. Waiting to hear how you do on mutton as that is more my target. Would also be interested in what weight fish you find would be safe to swing on board....as opposed to net/gaff them. Love to know when you are going to Dry Tortugas.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: February 25, 2015 08:13PM

wayne fowlkes Wrote:
> It was grate to see you again I hope to see you
> next year when you have the time come by my shop
> maybe we can go to lunch or something. I wish you
> luck on the Fred Hall show
Hi Wayne,
nice to see you at the show.
I can't wait bluefin show up in Cape Cod and fish with Aman. Aman loves your custom tuna jigging rods with Black Hole Cape Cod Special blanks.
He had an epic battle with 300 lb bluefin with your custom Black Hole spinning jigging rod fishing solo. He eventually lost the fish because he couldn't gaff it himself when tuna came up to the surface.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 08:15PM by kil song.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster