I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

wrapping software
Posted by: Frank Uddo (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: February 05, 2015 07:56PM

there are disclaimers that come along with the visual wrap program ive learned everything i know from billys book but have vista operating system and they say theres a problem running it with that. i know very little about computers. would it be a waste of money? are there any other software programs available?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wrapping software
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 05, 2015 08:32PM

Dave helps install it if you run into a problem. No other Dec WRap programs available.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)

Visit the Visual Wrap site and ask David directly. He can advise you. The software is fine, but there may be one OS that is better than another for running it.

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)

Frank,

Visual Wrap was designed to work on XP. It can be set up and configured to run on newer versions. This is covered pretty well in the FAQ at the website. David Boyle can also can get you through setup problems via e-mail. Just realize it may take a few emails back and forth depending on your familiarity with windows file system.

I ran into a hangup I couldn't figure out when I was setting mine up to run on Win 7. It took a couple e-mails back and forth over a period of a 4-5 days but we got it running, updated, and all files and libraries installed. It's worked without error since then.

I believe David will do a remote access and help you directly if you can't get it going after reading the FAQ and following any e-mail directions he provides.

In the end I found the whole process very worthwhile and thoroughly enjoy using the software.

Posted by: David Boyle (---.lns5.wel.bigpond.net.au)
Date: February 06, 2015 06:54AM

In support of all the comments above, I am happy to assist with getting vizwrap installed onto any Windows platform.

The required tweaks are described here:
[visualweave.com]
If you install TeamViewer software on your machine (www.teamviewer.com) then I can log into your machine and make the tweaks on your behalf.

Just to clarify, the tweaks are needed for VisualWRAP only. The VisualWEAVE software will install just fine.

Interesting fact: Vizwrap was launched in 2002. This Feb marks its 13th birthday. The best thing about the software (in my opinion) is that it has helped rodbuilders from around the world connect, and has introduced many to the fascinating world of decorative wraps.

regards
Dave Boyle
www.threadcentral.net

Posted by: Frank Uddo (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: February 06, 2015 07:25PM

thank you all for the imput!

Posted by: Phil Hageman (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 07, 2015 07:54AM

Dave,

Do you see making VisualWRAP for OS X Yosemite (v 10.10) for iMac? Apple's screen is incredible for colors and fine granularity - especially good for zooming in to see thread patterns.

R,
Phil

Posted by: David Boyle (---.lns5.wel.bigpond.net.au)
Date: February 07, 2015 07:50PM

Hi Phil,
It would be a good project but I don't have plans in that direction. A compromise could be to run a windows emulator on the Mac and then run vizwrap on the emulator.

regards
Dave

Posted by: Phil Hageman (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2015 06:16AM

Can you tell me more about the emulator? Would it impact other software or OS operability in any way?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 11, 2015 10:00AM

It doesn't, because you'd boot up in Windows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster