I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Evolve Flare guides??
Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.dhcp.fdul.wi.charter.com)
Date: January 19, 2015 07:33AM

Anyone ever heard of Evolve Flare (trademark) steel guides? They are being used in 13 Tackle Ice Rods and I can't seem to find a picture of them, a description, or even where to purchase them. They are supposed to reduce water and ice build up on rods so Im curious.

thanks,
Buzz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Evolve Flare guides??
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 19, 2015 09:18AM

Buzz,
[www.fish307.com]

From the look of the rods and guides, I would guess that they are rather similar to the Pac Bay Minima guides.
With the price that the rods are selling for, I have to guess that they are both made and imported from an off shore source. It appears that they guides are a simple stainless steel wire guide.

By the way, the ad is right on the ability of thin steel guides to be able to shed ice. Also, with no ring, when the rods ice up, and if fishing outside with the small guides that are on the rods, they will ice quickly - one can simply beat the rod against the ice, and the build up will likely fall off the guides.

A pretty common way for folks who ice fish with rugged equipment use their gear. That is one of the reasons for the popularity of the solid glass rods, and the steel unlined guides. Tough, tough, tough.

Be safe

Date: January 19, 2015 09:40AM

Roger I cant get a close up view of the guides which is what I was looking for. I'll look for a retail store where maybe I can see the actual rod. I agree they sound like Minnema guides.

Date: January 19, 2015 10:34AM

The rods are so inexpensive, you could buy one and then know for sure.

Date: January 19, 2015 05:11PM

Roger I drove 30 miles one way to see them. they are simply Minnema black guides chrome ring or very close to that . i didnt see anything "flared" about them......

Date: January 19, 2015 06:00PM

Buzz,
You are describing a guide that I have seen on a lot of ice rods. They are not Minima guides, but they are close.

Take care

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster