I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dating Old Rod
Posted by: Dee Mauk (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2014 07:19AM

I have this old wooden rod that my father had but I had never seen it until after he had passed. I am wondering if anyone has an idea of its age and manufacturer. The rod is about 5' in length. The guide frame support is metal but the guide body that supports the insert appears to be brass. Part of a decal on the rod is barely visable but not enough to make out anything. I am new to this kind of posting and do have pictures if I can figure out how to post them. This rod looks like a stand up saltwater off shore set up to me but that's just my guess. If someone can tell this old model how to attach pictures to this I would appreciate it. Help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dating Old Rod
Posted by: Ross Pearson (---.dlth.qwest.net)
Date: December 17, 2014 09:03AM

You will need to post a photo of the rod on the separate photos page above and then create a link to that photo here on the forum. Photo posting instructions from the sticky at the top of the forum page - [rodbuilding.org]

Date: December 17, 2014 08:12PM

Thank you. Working on doing that now.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 18, 2014 07:59PM

I'm gonna guess its bamboo

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Date: December 18, 2014 10:57PM

Folks, I really want to find out all I can on this antique rod. My wife, who is considerably more computer savvy than I, worked on getting pictures posted last night and had problems with our anti virus software shutting us down. Doing this post on my phone. Will attempt again tomorrow so where we do get the pictures posted any info would be highly appreciated.

Posted by: Bob Jumper (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: December 19, 2014 06:44AM

Go to the photo page at the top of the screen. You will have to register and login to the photo page also. From there you can upload photos, then copy and past the link back on this forum.

Date: December 21, 2014 09:05PM

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2014 09:39AM

Your photos don't seem to be there

Bill - willierods.com

Date: December 22, 2014 11:01PM

Date: December 22, 2014 11:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster