I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

POINT BLANK UPDATE
Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: December 15, 2014 05:22PM

After another 10 months of preparation and testing we can finally announce that our opening order of POINT BLANKs is due to arrive sometime in early February. I am sure many have wondered what happened to the project and I suppose the best answer is that we relied on someone with world class developmental skills and only later discovered that they had no DELIVERY skills whatsoever. That left us with some cutting edge technology that we owned and no reliable source to produce it. Fortunately, we found a company that is quietly manufacturing some of the most renowned blanks in the world and over the past year we have been able to create a “hybrid” product that combines the forward-thinking of our original line and the solid technological expertise of a company with leading edge capability and timely delivery. We think it’s the best of both worlds and we hope you agree.

After building MANY experimental rods and handing them off to both experienced anglers and novices the best description of the reaction is “jaw dropping”. I have watched so many mouths literally drop open on the first cast - I can’t remember them all. POINT BLANKs have been used in B.A.S.S. ELITE Tournaments and the IFA Redfish Tour Championship and performed flawlessly at that level as well as in the hands of weekend anglers. The next time you have a customer looking for “the best”, we would appreciate your consideration of POINT BLANK.

We will let you know the wholesale/retail sources as they develop over the next 45 days or so. Meantime, a PDF of details can be downloaded here... [anglersresource.net]

P.S. Combined with Titanium TORZITE® KR Concept guides...well, even my mouth drops open a little.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: POINT BLANK UPDATE
Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 15, 2014 08:05PM

Jim, I don't see any indication whether they are all one pc. or are some of them two pc.??

Posted by: Warren T Page (---.36.131.174.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 15, 2014 09:45PM

yes please keep me informed. We have two teams that we will sponsor this up coming bass season. We would be interested.
Thanks
Warren T Page
Suwannee Valley Rods

Posted by: Eric MONTACLAIR (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: December 16, 2014 01:23AM

Nice to see power and AA stated (at least one supplier listen to rodbuilder).

Posted by: ricky espenschied (---.dhcp.missouri.edu)
Date: December 16, 2014 09:31AM

Jim like the equal butt diameter feature. How much of the butt section is equal diameter. Is it based on a % of blank length or just x length.
Thanks Ricky

Date: December 16, 2014 09:49AM

Randolph the opening selection will all be 1 piece.

Ricky, the section of the butt that is equal diameter is about 14" give or take an inch depending on length. Most are equal, but I noticed a couple that will vary by about a 1/4 of a mm over the distance. Not enough to cause fitting problems I don't think.

Eric, all the blanks have been measured and photographed against a board. At some point we will have a library of images showing the actual bend of each blank. Glad you like the way we are approaching the action and power issue. We feel rod builders can get far more information this way than by calling it a "drop shot" blank. Less subjective, more objective is the goal.

Date: December 16, 2014 03:42PM

Do you have a suggested retail price ?
It will be nice to have tip and butt size too ;-)
With it we'll be able to order top and trim ring and other parts.

Date: December 16, 2014 05:06PM

Tip and butt diamteter info is collected and will be available on the POINT BLANK web site...which we are working on.

Date: December 17, 2014 01:04AM

Thank Jim.
With all the data and the pictures It will be helpfull.
You're making it the right side for me.
I expect to try some ;-)

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: December 17, 2014 08:48AM

Who will have these at ICRBE? Estimated price?

Date: December 17, 2014 09:28AM

Can't say who will stock them yet, although we have had good interest from the "usual suspects". The blanks are hi-mod, scrimless and very light and we anticipate they will be price competitive with many of the other "high end" offerings out there.

Date: December 22, 2014 10:52AM

Ken: We have made the decision to air freight a limited selection of blanks in for the ICRBE so they will be available through some (or all) of our distributors attending the show. Prices will range from around $139 to around $195.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster