I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

GLoomis GLX Crankbait Rod Help
Posted by: Gregg Austin (---.lightspeed.gdrpmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 28, 2014 01:47PM

I was hoping to get some help from the experts here. I have a GLoomis GLX Cranking rod in a 7' 11". I broke the third eye down from the tip top. Looking to replace with the same guides that are on there but when I called Loomis they gave me a Recoil Guide part number. The rod has the smaller single foot possible micro guides from Fuji. I'm positive they are SIC/Fuji guides and know enough they are not Recoils but not sure of the right Fuji guides. Would appreciate anyone with a reply with the size and model number that I need.

Thank you,
Gregg Austin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GLoomis GLX Crankbait Rod Help
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 28, 2014 03:51PM

A big help would be a picture on the photo page
Go to a sponcer and look at both guides See which looks like what you have

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: October 28, 2014 05:52PM

There is an image library at the Anglers Resource site that shows single hi-res images of every guide we offer. If you need a great, close up look at any model, that's where I would go. [anglersresource.net]

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2014 06:35PM

Since it is a G. Loomis blank, it probably has older guides on it than are currently available, unless another rod builder has them in his/her inventory. A picture would work great in trying to help you.

Posted by: Gregg Austin (---.lightspeed.gdrpmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 28, 2014 06:53PM

Thanks everyone, It is the Fuji micro series, going to order them from mudhole

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: October 29, 2014 02:16AM

I've never seen a GLX with micros, have seen them with #6 Ti/SiC guides on the tip area, Ti/Sic REC combos and all RECs, but the tip top. How long have you had the rod?

Posted by: Chuck Blocker (---.sub-70-209-0.myvzw.com)
Date: October 30, 2014 05:27AM

I have several GLX series rods with micros, Fuji sic/titanium. I know that's what they are because I put them there. It makes a really awsome rod with excellent feel ans casts like a dream.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.adr02.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 30, 2014 11:56AM

Jim Ising, image of every guide you make. . . except RV? The regular listing of guides on the site shows a rather "cumbersome" looking RV, but when I ordered one I got a much lighter, good looking guide that doesn't look like it's made out of sheet metal.
Can you explain the difference in appearance between your site and the guide that was shipped? thanks, Mick

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: October 31, 2014 10:28AM

Mick, what you see on the site now is a doctored picture I had to pick up from some published Fuji info before we ever saw an actually sample. I seldom do that but I had no choice in this case. The good news is that new photos are shot and I am in the process of preparing them for the image library as well as the web site, Better still, the new images include the SIZE 25 and 20 RV - brand new guides that will allow surf rod builders the high frame small ring guides they have been wanting to try. Unfortunately, Fuji has decided that a size 30 is not needed in the RV, sticking to the KR CONCEPT parameter that the guides are for braid layouts using small guides (including micros).

Meantime, I just tried 3 times to upload a new jpg but was unsuccessful in the new photo forum. Instead, I have added it to the "Breaking News" block on our homepage [www.anglersresource.net]

Thanks for reminding me about that bad image!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster