I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Visual Weave-Question
Posted by: Scott Cmelik (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: October 27, 2014 07:26PM

I have had visual weave now for about a year and have made a few patterns on it and they were all simple patterns and took me forever. I feel as though I am doing something wrong or making it much harder on myself than it needs to be. This morning I sat down to work on getting one of Glen Burco's cartoon patterns loaded up and ready to weave and thats when the fight started. I figured this would transfer into VW very nicely since it is already a premade pattern and that all i would have to do is tweak a few things here and a few things there to make it what I wanted it to be. I was wrong.

I saved the pattern as a JPEG file (might be the start of where I am going wrong), opened VW, chose my colors that I wanted and went through the sizing steps to get it the size that I wanted. When it loaded into the grid Bugs (I was going to do the bugs bunny pattern). Was 5 different colors in his body alone, the image was very choppy by which I mean if he was going positioned so that his feet were at the bottom of the blank and his ears were towards the tiptop of the blank, his feet were slide up higher than his torso and his ears were lined up with his feet. So basically the image looked something like this

Feet------------------Ear

---------Torso-----------
*the line wasn't in there but for formatting sake it wouldn't let me have the space inbetween feet and ear or infront of torso

I basically had to delete the entire pattern and try to do it from scratch. Now I realize that VW or P2W aren't perfect and that the artist still has to go in and make adjustments and tweaks to get it right but this seems slightly ridiculous. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a better way of getting a good workable image loaded into the program that I don't know about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Visual Weave-Question
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 27, 2014 08:27PM

I haven't use d the progam in several years, but something went wrong there. WHen I would play with the program, I found it eaier if I made most of the edits in PAINT using hte colors that I wanted to use. Save as a BMP, then upload into VWV, and only select the colors that I wanted. Doing this still required some editting, but not much at all. It woudl take me about 5 minutes once the image was loaded into VWV to get it clean.

Why it is uploading like that I do not know

Re: Visual Weave-Question
Posted by: David Boyle (101.168.127.---)
Date: October 29, 2014 01:47PM

Hi Scott,
Vizweave will take an image (jpeg is fine) and pixelate it (turn it into a grid). The number of colours in the final image will depend on the number of colours in the original image and the number of colours you have selected in your colour palette. Best results are achieved when you limit colours, both in the image and in your palette. Rhis reduces how much grid editing is needed.

The relative proportions of the image in the grid pattern are determined by the image you start with. You may need to edit your image using a graphics package before importing it into vizweave. You have to determine what looks good - the software can't work that out.

Hope that helps.

regards
Dave Boyle
www.threadcentral.net

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster