I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Which yellow thread?
Posted by: Tim Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 14, 2014 07:23AM

I only see yellow Gudebrod threads in Lemon Yellow and Goldenrod. I assume the Goldenrod would be better suited for a "Maize and Blue" Michigan theme? Thanks.

Trust, but verify - Ronald Reagan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which yellow thread?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 14, 2014 09:51AM

The Goldenrod is a more subtle yellow. The Lemon Yellow is the really bright stuff.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 14, 2014 09:58AM

Try pulling up the teams web site
I then pull up a thread color chart and minimize it Fit it over the site and match the colors
Or you can flip back and forth to check ??

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.151.---)
Date: October 14, 2014 11:00AM

I just finished several "wolverine" rods. I'm at work right now (at the University of Michigan) but when I get home I can double check the colors if you what. I think the lemon yellow was the one the blue was a prowrap I think regal blue but don't hold me to it right now.
these are the official colors as per the University guide
[vpcomm.umich.edu]

Posted by: Gabe Neal (---.dot.gov)
Date: October 14, 2014 01:23PM

I thought Mud Hole had put together thread pack for all college teams. But i looked and they only have the more popular teams from the SEC...... My motto has always been Roll Tide!! This year it seems like they are rolling on a flat but I guess i will take one point wins over one point losses any day. :-)

Gabe

Date: October 14, 2014 01:30PM

Well Gabe, even though The Maize and Blue cuts my paycheck I'm a Spartan fan. GO Green,Go White(plus they are easier colors to match)

Posted by: Gabe Neal (---.dot.gov)
Date: October 14, 2014 01:35PM

LOL I have an employee that use to be Spartie I guess that's how you say it. The mascot for Spartans. I was wondering if that comment would get folks going. You know the more known SEC teams.... I'm for Alabama and whoever is playing against auburn. It's all in good fun.

Gabe Neal

Neal's Custom Rods

Posted by: Tim Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 14, 2014 03:40PM

Well duh - I've lived in Saline (just south of Ann Arbor) for the past 35 years. Since I've always seen their school in the same colors as Michigan - yellow pants and helmets, dark blue jerseys - I thought their colors were the same. Come to find out that they're actually blue and gold. Since I WILL NOT be building anything that resembles Notre Dame, it will be a Michigan theme for sure . . .

Trust, but verify - Ronald Reagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2014 03:41PM by Tim Collins.

Date: October 14, 2014 03:52PM

Tim, we need to talk. I'm in Saline also.

Posted by: Roger Templon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 14, 2014 07:00PM

the goldenrod color is what i use as a match for STEELERS "gold".

rog

Posted by: gary Marquardt (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 14, 2014 09:59PM

I used lemon yellow. The golden rod is a tad too orange

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster