I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Are you missing labels from Decal Connection??
Posted by: Kent Tawes (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 15, 2014 04:44PM

I received a duplicate order from Decal Connection today that included several labels that belong to another customer.

I will be happy to forward them to the proper recipient if they are members of the forum and happen to catch this thread.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND AND TELL ME TO CONTACT DECAL CONNECTION. Though others have had good experiences with them I have not. This thread is not to bash Decal Connection. I just want to get the labels to the proper person if they watch the forum.

The Decals include “Luna” “ Pescadore” and an “In loving memory of” Decal.

If you can identify the names on the In Loving Memory decal I will be happy to forward them to you, I know it can be frustrating not to get your order.

Kent

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are you missing labels from Decal Connection??
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 15, 2014 04:52PM

Ya I know BUT

call them and find out !!!!!

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: September 15, 2014 05:01PM

Decal Connection would know who those were supposed to go to. If you do not want to contact them, just shoot them back to DC and I'm sure they'll get them turned around and out to the person that ordered them.

Date: September 15, 2014 05:04PM

I have Never - Never had a problem with them been dealing with them for many years

Go with what TOM says

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.151.---)
Date: September 15, 2014 05:12PM

I've gotten orders from DC where they have thrown in extra decals so I could practice with them first before going to the good ones. maybe that's what those are. I would cal them and ask. pretty easy.

Date: September 15, 2014 05:18PM

Tom,
Someone may have had a bad day but, I do not feel the need to correct DC's mistake after my dealings with them. Figured this may be an alternative to help the person missing their labels.
I am happy others have had good luck with DC and this thread was not intended to bash them. If you feel the need to remove the thread please do so and I will toss the labels in the trash.
Thanks,
Kent

Date: September 15, 2014 05:24PM

DO THE RIGHT THING

Call them or e mail them and if they know who you can spend a stamp and send them what you got

is that so hard ??? DC will probably pay you back for the postage

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 05:30PM by bill boettcher.

Date: September 15, 2014 07:13PM

With only about 20 percent of the rod builders out there being active on all the internet forums combined, I'd say there is an 80 percent chance you won't reach the person that ordered those decals by posting here nor anywhere else.

You shouldn't look at it as correcting DC's mistake, but rather as helping someone that might be wondering where their decals are. And since contacting DC is the surest way to do that, if you don't, then I have to question if your motive really is in getting those decals to the right person. There is an easy way to do that and that's to contact DC.

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.151.---)
Date: September 15, 2014 07:21PM

You keep saying that you are not bashing DC and you are not going to correct their mistakes because of some past experience. But in reality what you are doing by not contacting DC is hurting the builder who is waiting for those decals. You are not hurting DC by holding on to the decals. make the call!

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: September 15, 2014 07:26PM

If you are so adamant on not contacting them, Then send them to me, for which I will pay your postage, then I will contact them and make sure they are returned to the riteful individual. Your dismal dealings with them, should not stand in the way of getting them to the individual in question.

Ron Weber

Date: September 16, 2014 08:16AM

Ron,
Will send them to the Avondale, AZ address listed on Google this morning. Thank you.
Its not the postage, 10 cents or 10 grand, the way a person is treated will determine future relations with a vendor.
KT

Posted by: Ron Weber (192.158.48.---)
Date: September 16, 2014 11:41AM

Do not even bother to send them, those were just samples just as they enclose extras for first time users to get friendly with the application process.

Ron Weber

Date: September 16, 2014 11:53AM

In other words, Decal Connection tossed in some freebies so you could practice the application process. Nice of them to do that.

Posted by: chuck brown (208.95.177.---)
Date: September 16, 2014 12:08PM

This Is Debbie Brown - Mr. Tawes, the extra decals were samples for you to use as practice if you so desired. I sincerely apologize that I did not include a note stating this information, but it was included in the first order that you didn't receive because the USPS service lost the package. After I contacted you and said that we would be happy to print and mail another order priority mail with signature confirmation, I did call the PO in Raleigh and report that the package was not delivered even though according to tracking information the carrier had attempted to leave the package with a slip stating that the package would be available at the PO. Once we found out it was lost, we did reprint and send immediately priority mail and are grateful that you received it promptly. I apologize if anyone feels like that is not good customer service. This is something we strive for at a very high level and in no way desire to have a unhappy customer. I do realize that everyone has their opinions but I will say that I feel this issue was handled in the most excellent way. Thank you for your business Mr. Tawes and we trust that you will find the decals to be a quality product and enhance your fishing rods.

Posted by: Lynn Williams (---.owb.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 16, 2014 12:57PM

Chuck & Debbie, Great customer service as always!

As Paul Harvey would have said - ''Now you know the rest of the story''

Posted by: Adam Curtis (---.static-ip.telepacific.net)
Date: September 16, 2014 02:54PM

That's how you do it companies. You dont take it personal, you dont delay shipments or send defective product to get even.

Some companies in the fishing industry act like business is a given and customers are lucky to do business with them. It's unreal the lack of customer service and general business prowess these industry pros display sometimes. When a company is taking banter on online forums personal you know you have some issues.

Debbie nailed it. Fishing industry or otherwise.!!!

Date: September 16, 2014 05:25PM

Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes some times, but Decal Connection is not at fault for the USPS not being able to deliver a package and/or subsequently losing it. The fact that Debbie went to the trouble to call your local post office to find out about the delivery attempt paperwork is somewhat going above and beyond the call of duty here. And, they sent you a replacement order at no charge, including several free decals for you to practice with. You need to remember, Decal Connection has been involved in the custom rod building industry for over a dozen years. If their service or customer relations was in any way suspect, they would not have achieved the level of customer support and admiration they are well known for.

You came to the party late and attempted to cast dispersions on a company that has earned respect in this industry over many years. I have been doing this long enough to know what's going on when I see these types of posts. Generally I don't leave something up unless it is civil and I feel the end result is going to reveal the true story and exonerate the party that has been wrongfully disparaged. Bottom line - Decal Connection comes out here looking like the reputable company they are, while Kent has raised suspicion about himself from every manufacturer and dealer that has followed this thread.

Kent, Your removed comment asking DC if they want to air a "blow by blow account in this kangaroo court of public opinion" fails to address the fact that you started this here, not them.

I am tempted to finish with a famous Abraham Lincoln quote, but I will quash that temptation and simply close this thread now.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster