I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Orvis Helios 2
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 12, 2014 09:49AM

I see the Helios 2 fly blanks have gottin out

[www.mudhole.com]

Has anyone tried any
Or any of the rods they make Of course are they all they say ??? Got some one that wants a rod built

Any numbers on them

Bill - willierods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Orvis Helios 2
Posted by: billy brodrick (---.cmts.sth3.ptd.net)
Date: September 12, 2014 12:18PM

Its been a top seller here in my pre made rods for a year now. It pains me to say but it stands up to my custom rods pretty good. The blank is a dream in the mid flex version and the guides (recoil) are great. I have been building on there blanks for a year thanks to my orvis rep for my personal rods and swear by them. Its tops for me by far!

Date: September 12, 2014 12:22PM

very forgiving and light weight blank very pretty blue and cast like a dream!

Posted by: Lance Dupre (107.77.80.---)
Date: September 12, 2014 01:05PM

And no complaints about the price ? You must be getting soft.

Date: September 12, 2014 01:42PM

I was thinking they were a ( little pricy ) now that you mentioned it LOL
Customer gets what they want $$$$

Billy
You been getting the blanks ?? Lucky you Been talking to Orvis but only for one for a customer They kept saying they were not going to do blanks for a long while Guess this is the time

They say they have BUTT power Yes- ?? Looking at the Tip Flex blanks
With the line rated do they perform I like a Fast Casting action

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2014 01:43PM by bill boettcher.

Date: September 12, 2014 02:20PM

Ya, guys around here are willing to pay $800 on a good fly rod. Swamp guys save there money for a good jambala, boudon, or gumbo. lol Yes it has a lot of power in the butt and can throw long hauls. Blanks I got came direct from Manchester Vermont. Help that I am paying the sales reps mortgage for the year. He has been there rep for 28 years so he has a in. I still prefer the mid flex forgiveness. We sell massive orvis in my shop.

Date: September 12, 2014 03:51PM

Thanks Billy

Bill - willierods.com

Date: September 13, 2014 10:53AM

One of the reasons they decided to get the helios 2 blank out there is they are doing away with the superfine touch glass blank all together as of this year. They needed a replacement to keep there blank line selling so this was the obvious candidate.

Date: September 13, 2014 03:25PM

I thought maybe they were not selling enough rods so they would give us a shot at them LOL

Thanks for the info Billy

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster