I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

US National Casting Tournament Oct 18 & 19
Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaiiantel.net)
Date: September 07, 2014 02:59PM

Visitors are welcome and most casters will try to answer your questions. There is a cost to participate in casting.

Weather conditions are not predictable. Do bring warm clothing and possibly something to keep dry.

Hotel prices drop considerably south of the beltway.

Nationals Championship Tournament
Oct 18 & 19

The location : Kenilworth Athletic Field , Washington DC

The entrance to Kenilworth Athletic Fields (active recreation area) is located at the westernmost end of Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue, N.E. It is approximately 0.5 mile south of the Aquatic Gardens entrance. There are no facilities at the site.

Coming by auto: Take Route 295 southbound if you are coming from north of Route 50 or Route 50, to the Eastern Avenue Exit. Go straight up the ramp to the second street on the right, Douglas Street. Make a right onto Douglas Street. At the end of Douglas Street, make another right onto Anacostia Avenue to get to Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens. Go left to get to Kenilworth Recreation Park.

If you are coming from south of Route 50, take Route 295 north to the Burroughs Street Exit. At the bottom of the ramp go left. Go straight to Kenilworth Recreation Park.

Don Becker

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: US National Casting Tournament Oct 18 & 19
Posted by: John Lentz (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: September 08, 2014 07:25AM

Thanks for the heads up Don. I will try to make it this year. Sounds like a good time and a good chance to learn a bit.

John

Re: US National Casting Tournament Oct 18 & 19
Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaiiantel.net)
Date: September 08, 2014 01:48PM

Hi John,

Hope to see you there. I'll be the really old guy that casts in the super senior division.

There are usually two or three rod blanks awarded as prizes. Zziplex tends to donate and sometimes Century.

I have a shipment of Omoto reels that are expected to ship around September 20. I did have some made up for tournament casting. They are similar to ABU 5500 and 6500 reels. They have a standard tubular frame, speed bushing and mono mag. Two (total) will be provided to the winners of the A and AA divisions. For the two reels, I will replace the spool bearings with hybrid ceramic ABEC 9 German bearings.

Wishing you luck and following winds,

Don Becker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster