I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thank You!
Posted by: Ronald Girnus (---.dacr.hu)
Date: September 03, 2014 05:29PM

I have been a member here since about 2006. This will be only my first or second post and probably my last. I read but have little to add. Consider me just a spectator that loves to pick up valuable rod building information as it comes online or in the magazine. I am not a good enough builder myself to offer any advice but I recognize good advice when I see it. On to my point. In the eight or so years I have been online with some of these rod building websites I have watched them come and go. I have also watched the flames, fights, general @#$%& and troublemakers that seem to live on some of the boards and are in some of the clubs. Rarely if ever have I seen any of that stuff here. I credit it to Tom and his watchful eye and good common sense rules. And even when he himself has been the target of vindictive and false comments elsewhere he has done nothing but maintain a straight ahead, never get involved approach that further sets himself and this board and its members apart and above. As much as this board has thrived and succeeded over the many years I think that the really wonderful information here is only part of the reason. The other part is that I believe that most rod builders are good people who know how to act like adults and appreciate having a website board like this one where they know others like themselves can come and interact without all the fighting and fussing that goes on elsewhere and is an embarrassment to the rod building craft. This board is a professionally run enterprise with members who conduct themselves in a similar professional manner. The success here, at the magazine, and at the ICRBE is NOT an accident and others could learn a lot by doing likewise, if they were not so busy fussing and fighting. I want to THANK YOU ALL both for your excellent rod building advice and your mature behavior. We are lucky to have a place like this and I hope it continues for a long time into the future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank You!
Posted by: Gabe Neal (---.dot.gov)
Date: September 03, 2014 05:53PM

Ronald if there was a way to "Like" a post similar to FB then I would. However, given we do not have or need that option...LOL Consider this my full appreciation and agreement with your post. I could not have said it better.

Gabe

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: September 03, 2014 06:27PM

To be fair, there are some other rod building forums that are professionally run. I sometimes post on one or two of them.

Beyond that, nonsense is never worth responding to nor being involved with.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 03, 2014 08:26PM

Above is a very well stated tribute to Tom, his principles and most of all to his dedication to this craft!!

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 04, 2014 10:50AM

Ronald,

I too am in the same boat as you place yourself. But I love the web site and check it every morning. I have learned so very much from this web site with the solutions to the problem I have been faced with in the past. Tom, Thank you very much for your efforts and keep up the outstanding work!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: lee smith (12.236.112.---)
Date: September 08, 2014 10:45AM

That is why I always come here. Great people that don't mind answering a stupid question by a guy, that guy being ME, that doesn't know. Great site, Great Admin, Great members!! Good read!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster