I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

CCS #'s for RS Eternity Fly Blanks?
Posted by: Todd Theodore (---.fuse.net)
Date: August 30, 2014 09:33AM

I see they're rated as very fast. Just curious if anyone has any CCS #'s yet.
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CCS #'s for RS Eternity Fly Blanks?
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.onlinehome-server.info)
Date: August 30, 2014 10:12AM

Just as it wouldn't make sense for them to list the length as "very long" it makes no sense in this day and age to list the action as "very fast." I wish I could help you with the numbers on that one but I've never used one of those blanks.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 30, 2014 12:01PM

Do not believe they have delivered any to date. Was told by Batson, that they expected them this next week.

Date: August 30, 2014 12:19PM

I know they're very new.
I've contacted Batson about CCS #'s in the past and by their response it doesn't seem they're big believers in the system. I've found it very useful. Not sure why they're not fans.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 30, 2014 12:32PM

The same reason that most companies aren't - they don't want you to be able to compare blanks across the board from one company to the next. They're okay with the system when it comes to physical length, but not when it comes to action or power. More and more they don't like it when it comes to physical weight.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: August 30, 2014 05:10PM

Most modern enterprises are based upon image, hype, and promises rather than performance and objective measurement. This is especially true of consumer goods, including politicians and rod blanks.

Date: August 30, 2014 06:44PM

Mr. Ewanicki, quite a generalization, and of course an opinion, not a fact! Do you make any exceptions for "Enterprises" like, Rod Maker, or any of the fine suppliers on the left?

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: August 30, 2014 08:27PM

Sorry. Of course there are exceptions. But I'll pay ten to one for every marketer of consumer goods, including rod blanks and politicians, who offers a preponderance of performance and factual data over hype and promises. The dearth of marketers who offer CCS or any other objective measurement of rod performance has the same motives as public servants who refuse to vote - prove how they perform. Mushroom farmers.

Date: August 30, 2014 09:42PM

W Mr. Ewanicki, why should they offer a "preponderance of performance data' when that is not all what motivates a buyer? Marketing is all about positioning your product, and if a market(s) are made up of buyers who respond to advertising and promotion, supplying data is a potential waste of resources, and will have very little return.

I suggest this is not a forum to vent bias's and rabid opinions!

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 31, 2014 07:46AM

I don't know that we need a "preponderance of performance data" but it would be nice to have across the board numbers on the basic inherent characteristics of a rod blank - length, weight, power and action.

Date: August 31, 2014 08:39AM

Especially from companies who offer their products mainly/solely to rod builders who care about such things. It allows us to provide the correct rod to fit the anglers need quickly & efficiently. They're not selling to the average public who, unfortunately,
will probably never take the time to understand or care about such things.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.onlinehome-server.info)
Date: August 31, 2014 09:27AM

Fly rods do not make up the bulk of my business so I am not as familiar with all the different makes and the strong suit of each. For that reason I left another popular brand of fly rod blanks and started buying the Pacbay Quicklines just because they had CCS numbers listed for them. I like seeing the numbers listed for bass and light saltwater blanks too, but those are not as important to me because I use enough of them to have a good feel for what the different makes are like. But for me, having the CCS numbers led me straight to Pacbay when I need a fly rod blank.

Date: August 31, 2014 07:08PM

Dan Craft has CCS #'s for most of his fly blanks and they're awesome.

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.wavecable.com)
Date: September 04, 2014 01:15PM

Maybe someone needs to buy a blank of ours and do the CC#'s?

Posted by: Jimmy Crain Jr (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: September 04, 2014 08:14PM

Bill how about you just send me one each of your blanks and that will be my charge for suppying all of the CCS #'s. LOL

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 15, 2015 04:41PM

CCS for Eternity 2 9 ft 9 wt: 82 pennies 69-70 action angle. On my test rig. Last time I checked my rig agreed with PacBay.

Bill , am I close? :-)

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 15, 2015 08:04PM

Hold on folks, I had failed to properly level the blank in the evaluation quoted in last post, the right numbers are: 87 pennies, 70 degrees. According to CCS Rosetta Stone, this is a ERN of about 10.41, intrinsic power of about 3350.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster