I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Batson MVT price
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.direcpc.com)
Date: August 29, 2014 07:13PM

Does any one out here know what the new MVT seats are going for? I've been looking hard to find some pricing on the new MVT seats from Batson from our sponsors and have yet to see it listed anywhere. I've seen on one review site that they would sell for almost 60.00, is that really true? I will still try them but would just like to know so that I can inform the end users!!

Thanks,
Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson MVT price
Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.jsbrcmta02.jnboar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: August 29, 2014 07:29PM

Tom,
The MSRP for MVT-16 body is $ 36.78, the companion hood MVT-DKN in Black, Silver, or Tich is MSRP $ 20.00, $ 21.42 in Cobalt Blue.
So the complete seat is either $ 56.78 or $ 58.20 MSRP.
Price may vary from one supplier to the other.
Many of these new items will probably be listed soon.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 29, 2014 07:48PM

For a reel seat ???????????????

there are builders here that are coloring seats AND DOING a very nice job and I am shoure they are not charging 60.00 for them

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 07:54PM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 29, 2014 08:24PM

bill boettcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For a reel seat ???????????????
>
> there are builders here that are coloring seats
> AND DOING a very nice job and I am shoure they are
> not charging 60.00 for them

Bill It's not about color. The reel seats are Carbon Fiber composite, extremely light weight and Very comfortable to fish with. And yes you can get them in blue and brown too. I already have used five ot them. Acccording to one of my customers "It is the most comfortable reel seat I have ever held" And that was after using it for eight straight hours of tournament fishing.

A bit pricy, yes. But there are guys out there that demand the best. So I give it to them. Is it the best ? So far I think it is,

Tom

Date: August 30, 2014 11:56AM

Ron,

Thank you for the information!! I hope that it is not conceived that I am complaining about the price, though it is a shock when compared to what it out there. There are no seats available with the technology and materials so I can see how they can warrant the price and as previously mentioned, I am willing to give them a shot.

Do you have them available for shipment?

Thanks,
Tom

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.jsbrcmta02.jnboar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: August 30, 2014 05:29PM

Sorry, not yet.
We are still getting all the info on the new items into our system.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Date: August 30, 2014 07:36PM

This one ??
[www.alpstackle.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2014 07:37PM by bill boettcher.

Date: August 30, 2014 08:41PM

OK
How can you tell that a fish is there - BEFORE -- it bites
Check my link - Feel the fish before they bite ????

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 30, 2014 08:44PM

Bill

That looks like the text touch although it may be a MVT.

Here is one that is on the Batson site and shows the carbon fiber insert (black) a little better. Click on MVT more info for a better look.

[alpsforecast.com]

Date: August 30, 2014 08:53PM

Tom

if you are not working for them and believe all that Hipe

GOD BLESS YOU

Bill - willierods.com

Date: August 30, 2014 10:03PM

Bill,
thank you for the blessing!! Nope, not working for them in any fashion. I am willing to give some new stuff a shot though and what the heck, it just may prove itself to be the "next thing". I will say that all companies do have their fair share of marketing but they need to so that they can stay competitive. I will say that I believe Bill has a solid team and will not put out junk, it may be pricey but is worth a try, like I said I will give it a shot and see what it is all about.

I recall not to terribly long ago many said "smart phones" were simple gimmicks..... How many billions of dollars of those are out there now?

Tom

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 31, 2014 08:38AM

Said that about Micro guides also

Date: August 31, 2014 04:14PM

HOW RIGHT YOU ARE!!!!!!!! And look at the market now..... There are MILLIONS of micro guides in use now. There must be some merit to those little guides Huh?? LOL. I fish exclusively with MICROS..
THANK YOU Steve!!!! I am sure that you had a hand in the new seat as well and I if so I am sure that thanks is in order for that as well.

I just need to get ahold of a few to get the word out.

Tom

Date: August 31, 2014 04:57PM

Micro's do not cost 60.00 a pop

This is a blank though casting seat I understand they make nice stuff - But - unless this new stuff is 1/2 the weight of a graphite blank casting seat To me not worth it

You like it you buy it I will stay with graphite unless asked to use one and hope the ownwer does not complain about the price going up On my link does any of that make any sense Not to me

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: August 31, 2014 07:04PM

Bill, do you still drive a YUGO?

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 31, 2014 09:30PM

Bill;
not every thing is about weight, in this case it is as much about the hardness of and similarity of material with it being graphite composite opposed to nylon.

Are they are lighter? Yes
But a harder graphite composite, it is more efficient at transmitting vibrations. With it being similar material to graphite blanks, more of the vibration is transferred from blank through seat to the hand. There is less transfer impedance then you get with using dissimilar materials.

Are they a bit pricey?
maybe- maybe not!

That depends on the type of product being built.
If you just slapping rods together and sending them out the door maybe they pricey.
But if you are committed to building superior rods, in which every little thing you do is to improve performance. Then they are just one more item available to help achieve that goal. Which makes them quite affordable.

I also agree with Tom W. probably the best seat available! I made this comment several months ago: ( "With out a doubt my favorite reel seat is the new Batson trigger seat.
But sadly it will not be on the market until they debut it at the ICAST show.
With the exception of maybe trimming some of the lock down threads off to shorten there barrel a tad, (like I do on all reel seats) .
It is the first seat I've had my hands on that is perfect right out of the pack.")
Concerning the original model, the new one is even better

And no I don't work for Batson

Posted by: Brian Clark (---.no.shawcable.net)
Date: September 01, 2014 07:17AM

I recently purchased a MVT reel seat through Utmost Enterprises.

Date: September 01, 2014 09:31AM

Brian, thank you for the heads up. Order will be placed today once they open up, for some reason I had forgotten to check them out. Steve, I've been looking for these things after I saw your original post!! I am really anxious to try them out and see what they are all about. It only makes sense that they will be heads and toes above what is currently out there with them being stiffer for better transmission. Not to mention the fact they look darn nice as well.

Tom

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.wavecable.com)
Date: September 04, 2014 01:27PM

We all understand the concerns of people about the price. But one thing I can say, this is the very best reel seat out on the market as well as ALPS being consistently the first to market!
It is all relative with pricing.

Date: September 04, 2014 09:19PM

Bill, I'm anxiously awaiting the seats. I ordered 2 of them from Utmost and am hoping they get here soon. I will post the results once I get them finished up.

Tom

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster