I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Eakins/ Jewel Jigs Rod
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.direcpc.com)
Date: July 21, 2014 09:28PM

I would like to see if I can come up with a match to Falcons Eakins Jig rod, the guys here in the Ozarks have a LARGE following of this rod. I know that if I can find the right blank I can certainly surpass what Falcon has put out. I am Looking at the Falcon Cara 6'10" and the Cara Micro 6'10" both in the 5 power as listed by Falcon.

Thanks for the help guys am excited to see what we can come up with. I am open to ALL blanks, really don't care who makes it as long as it is as close as I can get without having to get one of their rods and strip it down and start over.

These will be used primarily with 12, and 15 lb fluorocarbon using mostly the 5/16 ounce Jewel finess jigs having a small trailer, usually a zoom ultravibe speed craw.

Thanks,
Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eakins/ Jewel Jigs Rod
Posted by: Gabe Neal (---.dot.gov)
Date: July 23, 2014 11:55AM

Hey Tom I had the same issue with my brother in law. I ended up going to couple major stores and comparing the Falcon rod (lizard dragger) with St. Croix. I compared line and lure specs and general feel. I did this for two reasons St. Croix blanks are a great option and they are also commonly used in our in our craft. You will find it a lot easier to get a comparable blank recommendation from the guys here when speaking about St. Croix.... known commodity. I choose a NFC blank to supersede the Falcon. I have heard numerous times that Falcon uses rainshadow blanks. But no proof from my end.

Posted by: Chris Richer (69.42.181.---)
Date: July 23, 2014 11:59AM

is it possible to get one and measure it? As you know the manufacturer line and lure weights are arbitrary.

Chris Richer
Iroquois ON

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.direcpc.com)
Date: July 23, 2014 10:33PM

I wish that I could get someone to lend me one. I think that I would just about have to pry them out of their hands!! I may have to check out my local Falcon guy and see if there is something that I can come up with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster