I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Award Winning Guides Make Award Winning Rods
Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 21, 2014 03:11PM

ICAST was a blast!

The only TRIPLE AWARD WINNING Guides on the market are now found on the ICAST 2014 Best of Show Freshwater Rod..... The Duckett Micro Magic Pro.

The MicroWave Guide train has swept through the custom rod market and are finding their way on many large brand rods.

If you are not using the MicroWave Guide Train on your rods, you are about to be passed by the fishing rod industry.

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 05:44PM by Don @ American Tackle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Award Winning Guides Make Award Winning Rods
Posted by: jack black (172.242.166.---)
Date: July 22, 2014 10:06AM

when will the prices come down? where I live they think a wally word rod is high.

Date: July 22, 2014 10:16AM

Sorry to hear that Jack. It sounds like you need to educate the people in your area on the benefits of a custom rod and why the prices are higher than factory rods. The price of the MicroWave sets are very competitive when making a set of your own from comparable quality guides. Thanks

Posted by: Lynn Leary (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2014 10:21AM

Don,

Are you making a challenge to Custom Rod Builders? I haven't fished with the Micro Wave system yet and while I'm sure it will work, I'm not sure if it is actually better than the 27x system that I have been using. Has an objective comparison actually been done or is this marketing?

Date: July 22, 2014 10:39AM

Lynn, we have tested the system against every other concept and system out there. We have found the Microwave system to outperform all of them (some more than others). Please give them a try if you have not already, I am sure you will like them.

Posted by: Lynn Leary (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2014 11:57AM

Don,

Thanks for the reply. I have three rods with MicroWave's, two casting and one spinning. I just haven't been able to get out on the water to try them while actually fishing. When you made the statement "If you are not using the MicroWave Guide Train on your rods, you are about to be passed by the fishing rod industry" it just sounded like you were making a challenge or a boast.
I guess I can't make my own mind up until I go fishing. Now that sounds like a good way to resolve my curiosity.
Thanks again Don and thanks to American Tackle for participating in this Forum.

Date: July 22, 2014 12:08PM

Don @ American Tackle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry to hear that Jack. It sounds like you need
> to educate the people in your area on the benefits
> of a custom rod and why the prices are higher than
> factory rods. The price of the MicroWave sets are
> very competitive when making a set of your own
> from comparable quality guides. Thanks

don't think I haven't tried. problem is most of the rods I make and sell are bass/catfish rods bought as birthday/xmas for joe blow and the spouse is on a budget (of course) and i'm competing against wally world and academy etc selling combos. the guy WANTS a custom bilt rod but...........! and the price of the Micro Wave guides over a "regular" set of guides makes it that much harder to sell. I show em the literature and explain why the cost of the rod will increase but few go for it. I have em on one of my rods and give em a testimonial too.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 22, 2014 12:13PM

maybe make up one or two rods for people to try out That should change there cheap minds

Bill - willierods.com

Date: July 22, 2014 01:49PM

bill boettcher Wrote:
> maybe make up one or two rods for people to try
> out That should change there cheap minds
out here i'd have to put a GPS system in the handles to find em to get em back!! and not real bright either. a city employee was stealing tools and putting em in the back of HIS truck and parking it in front of his house ( a house ain't a home till ya take the wheels off). and that's where they were found. in court he denied over and over again that he stole em. when the judge asked him how the tools got into the back of his truck he thought a minute and said "the tool fairy put em there". true story. we all know him so no one doubted he said it. or stole em. made headlines in the once a week local paper. ANYWAYS......... that's what i'm up against trying to explain why a custom bilt rod is a good investment and not just a luxury.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 22, 2014 04:29PM

heck I would have said The Easter Bunny LOL

Maybe with a Real Good Deposit to cover parts ??

Bill - willierods.com

Date: July 22, 2014 07:06PM

bill boettcher Wrote:
> heck I would have said The Easter Bunny LOL
>
> Maybe with a Real Good Deposit to cover parts ??
theres a lot of real good all American (patriotic) people out here but if I ever asked for a deposit, "real good" or otherwise, everyone would be reaching under their shirts grabbing whats hanging on their belts and saying "what? ya don't trust me ya $%#@?? I just roll w/the flow and sell what I can and give away to the kids what I can't and keep the rest.

Date: July 22, 2014 07:22PM

bill boettcher Wrote:
> heck I would have said The Easter Bunny LOL
>
> Maybe with a Real Good Deposit to cover parts ??
theres a lot of real good all American (patriotic) people out here but if I ever asked for a deposit, "real good" or otherwise, everyone would be reaching under their shirts grabbing whats hanging on their belts and saying "what? ya don't trust me ya $%#@?? I just roll w/the flow and sell what I can and give away to the kids what I can't and keep the rest.

Posted by: brad parker (96.126.225.---)
Date: July 23, 2014 04:04PM

Jack, be on the lookout for the AirWave guides. American Tackle is currently working on them. They had prototypes at iCast. They are MicroWaves with metal inserts instead of ceramic. They are lighter and should be priced lower. I do not know when they will hit the market, but they might be the answer to your problem. Don, could your shed some light on where they are in the prototype stage?

Date: July 23, 2014 05:10PM

cool, i'll be looking for em!

Date: July 23, 2014 05:35PM

Thanks Brad, we have made a couple of changes to the system and are looking forward to getting them into production. As of now we do not have a projected delivery date but I will keep everyone posted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster