I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Business Cards
Posted by: Chuck Blocker (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 18, 2014 07:49PM

I need to find a business card design. My business is starting to grow and people are asking for them. I primarily build and repair bass rods. Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Business Cards
Posted by: gary Marquardt (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: July 18, 2014 10:12PM

My son turned me on to MOO.com. The best cards I've ever had made. A ton of options and fast service at a good price. My son is a photographer and he had 6 different pieces of work done on the cards so not everyone get the same card. The up charge for that was minor considering the quality.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 18, 2014 10:34PM

Chuck,

I just went to a local printing company and they had their graphic designer work up a draft card design with my input. Once I was happy with the card they printed a thousand cards for like $20. Unbeliveable inexpensive.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: July 19, 2014 01:54PM

Jimi @ Southern Graffix does artwork, he is a sponsor here.

Posted by: Terry Turner (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: July 19, 2014 08:11PM

Deal locally if you can, but the major office supply stores offer online design and templates. You can import your own photos/art or use theirs. You can pick up in the store the next day or have them shipped to you.

Yes, having business cards is a good idea. I hand mine out all the time, and I've had calls from 2nd and 3rd time handoffs.

Terry

Posted by: Richard Kline (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 20, 2014 08:27AM

Chuck:
Their is a great TV commerical for businness cards, don't want to use name, I got 250 high quality business cards for $12.00, Contact me if you want the name.

Rich Kline C.R.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 20, 2014 08:54AM

try Vista Print

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Ray Zarychta (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: July 20, 2014 09:07AM

Avery Label maker program has a business card template with many options, print your own with multiple designs, import images, etc.

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaiiantel.net)
Date: July 20, 2014 02:20PM

Ray Zarychta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Avery Label maker program has a business card
> template with many options, print your own with
> multiple designs, import images, etc.

The program is DesignPro and is free. You can use Avery labels or equivalents.
I have a standard front side for my cards and tailor the back side for the occasion.

Printing is usually to a standard 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of cards.

The program also handy for making labels with barcodes and can generate incremental serial numbers.

Don Becker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster