I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New to Forum ...
Posted by: Zai Kwan (---.singnet.com.sg)
Date: July 12, 2014 10:10AM

Hi im new here

just to share some of my works..do comment ..will be interesting to hear from you guys...
and my deepest thanks to Tom Kirkman

[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

tight lines and thanks
Zai Kwan
zaifry@yahoo.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2014 10:11AM by Zai Kwan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Forum ...
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 12, 2014 10:46AM

Zai's marbling technique will be detailed in an upcoming issue of RodMaker.

Posted by: Dave Loren (---.prvdri.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 12, 2014 10:48AM

Beautiful work, I'm going out on a limb here. Do you find that one brand of finish works better than another with the marbling?

Date: July 12, 2014 11:40AM

Hi dave

I will reveal the pros and cons of marbling in the article that Tom had given me the opportunity ...

so lookout for the issue...k you

You will be in for a real treat and shocked that my techniques is the fastest yet able to achieve the third dimension effect...

thank you for the comments I really appreciate them...

have a nice day ahead

zai kwan
zaifry@yahoo.com

Date: July 12, 2014 01:54PM

Hi guys some new stuff I marbled today

[youtu.be]

Hope to hear from you

Have a nice day

Zai kwan

Posted by: Mike Doran (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 12, 2014 06:43PM

Great technique. Can't wait for the article. Keep up the good work.

Mike Doran
Spring, Texas

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 12, 2014 08:33PM

Nice work ... waiting for the article to apear

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.onlinehome-server.info)
Date: July 12, 2014 08:53PM

Yes, very nice work! I also look forward to seeing the details in the magazine.

Date: July 13, 2014 02:34PM

well thanks guys

You gotta to try it on your own ...it will be an experience you never forget once you master the marbling techniques...and its really dead easy...

I wonder if I could find an investors to make cds and books for sale on this new marbling techniques.......

im sure many of you will want to see me in tv how I do it on actual rod and blanks...a cd that is upclose on how I do it...and books accompany it

Ps: Btw Tom I was wondering if there any rod building certification that can get me certified as a qualified rod builder ...really appreciate some certificate on the walls...maybe certificate from rodbuilding.org that's what I could think of now....a rod building certificate is almost obsolete from where I am though I been building rod for some 10 years now...but I haven't seen any on my walls ...I would really hope rodbuilding.org could grant me this wish-- that's keeps me going on researching and discover new methods of giving customs rods a new facelift...and I have more than just marbling to show though ....and thanks once again

Regards

Zai kwan
zaifry@yahoo.com

Ps Any investor is welcome to contact me further....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2014 02:35PM by Zai Kwan.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 13, 2014 05:09PM

Most builders come on here and give THERE ideas And never ask for a thing

I wonder how many builders have a Certifacate on there wall just because they - e mailed a newbe and helped him get though the learning process of how to do Say Ends on a thread wrap Or any thing on rod building

You do nice work -- But also a lot of builders here Take a way of doing some thing Play with it and make it better

You got your PROPS Builders said the work was very nice - And it is

One thing to think about - Tom K has done Soo much for rod building This site Where people learn -- THE SHOW which is only growing Every Year

Bill - willierods.com

Date: July 13, 2014 05:38PM

I'm not aware of anything that would certify you as a custom rod builder. If anything like that is out there, it wouldn't really do you any good unless your customers were aware of it and who was behind the certification standards.

By and large, your work proves your certification. Your customers are the judge.

Of course, anything you do that is published becomes a bit of an advertisement for you. Marco Antonio down in Brazil has a few copies of RodMaker on his wall with his rods on the cover and within. So does Nuno Paulino.That probably says more to their customers than any certification does.

Now what you may find insofar as books and CDs, is that there are a few component suppliers that might have some interest, but the craft is relatively small and most such efforts, outside of a few of the well known books, never sell very well. But I don't mean to deter you if that is your goal.

Date: July 13, 2014 06:15PM

Thks guys

I really appreciate them ..convinced me that im doing the right thing for the masses ..indeed you are right Tom on your insight ...touched me deep down....and thanks bill, all these process is about sharing and learning and to execute differently. I learned much from your wise words for that thank you.

Afterall, rodbuilding is about passion in one life which none could understand unless you are one yourself...I guess that already certified me more than what I could ask for...

Thank you so much for the inputs guys...

Ps : Tom, im not going to that goal...I rather be seeing my technique utilised by people we share here and beyond, raher then be mass marketing on it... it may let me earn a few cent on books etc but I not seeing that worthy then sharing ....

Publication will be good for me , the least I would have memories to keep with me when im at 70 lol ( I have a lot of techniques to be share so do expect lots of articles from me)...Hope you guys are not displeasure with my wishful thinking or rather pressure coming from the people behind me etc ...but you guys have shown the real side of me eventually.. and for that thank I really cannot express more than the word thanks.

Lets do it tom ...let me have these memories to live with...already been working on the article....it will be soon ready to you....I am also working on future articles that you might used for publishing.

And I apologise if I did hurt or outrage some of our readers here with those ideas.......

I will keep a point to update new techniques here ...hope you guys would treat me like your own buddy in this forum...and thanks again...

I would really love to meet some of you in the future ,hopefully im able to do that...

Im sorry once again..

Regards
Zai Kwan

Date: July 13, 2014 06:26PM

You didn't hurt nor outrage anyone in the least. Builders here always enjoying see new techniques or improvements on older ones.

Date: July 13, 2014 06:30PM

Good to hear that Tom those words are encouraging
I have always a lot of ideas that popped up ...so builders here are in for a good treat...no worries Tom I can assure you that

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: July 14, 2014 09:05PM

Really some nice work Zai Kwan. I am looking forward to the article.

Date: July 17, 2014 06:43PM

Thks Jim

Recently I did some colour shift ...here how it looks like..

[youtu.be]

Zai Kwan
zackantzcustoms
www.zackantzenterprise.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster