I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Wicked Tuna
Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 12:14AM

Thanks Randy, Great info.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Forrest Peters (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: May 18, 2013 01:48AM

Thanks gentleman. Like I said before it was just a thought. The guy has his nephew working for him. I thought it would be a nice thing to do. I been having a hard time lately and I thought of my situation. Not to get into my life story but, In the last two years I lost my house, my two labs and my job all due to a injury that tore everything in my life upside down. I lost my best friend (my Father) 4 yrs ago. My wife left me two yrs ago. I just thought to pay it forward. It really hit home. Sorry I know it sounds like a country song. You take what he wants you to have. Like I said before just thought of paying it forward. The only good that came out of this mess I live is Rod Building. I have to thank my son for that him and I like to fish when he can when he left for the service he bought me the equipment to get started. Thanks for understanding.

Lone Wolf Rods
"Keep your powder dry and your lines wet"
God Bless

Posted by: Forrest Peters (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: May 18, 2013 01:51AM

I would also like to Thank Tom K. and Kevin from Anglers Envy for getting me interested in this great hobby.

Lone Wolf Rods
"Keep your powder dry and your lines wet"
God Bless

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 10:51AM

You're welcome. Pass it on to others, please.

Kevin Knox
ANGLER'S ENVY CUSTOM RODS
QUEEN ANNE, MD 21657
#_#_#_#_#
www.anglersenvy.com

Posted by: David Gilberg (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 12:53PM

I wonder if a bumper spiral wrap would provide any benefit to these tuna rods.
If nothing else it should make it easier to reposition a loaded rod to a different rod holder.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.hsd1.sc.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 01:11PM

You're not likely to see too many spirals on these rods. Most tuna fishers "I" know want what is tried & true. Their livelihood is at the other end of the line. When you're staring in the face of a $3,000 fish you don't take unnecessary chances. This is a specialized fishery and not your standard trolling for 40# yellowfins.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 02:13PM

Those tuna are immediately shipped out to Japan where they are @#$%& for extremely high prices to Sushi restaurants. They are probably the most scrutinized fish in the world.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:26PM

as a follow-up, a Japanese sushi firm just paid .$1.76 million US for a 489 pound blue fin!! I know I couldn't afford to eat any of that sushi.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:27PM

as a follow-up, a Japanese sushi firm just paid .$1.76 million US for a 489 pound blue fin!! I know I couldn't afford to eat any of that sushi.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 04:31PM

I wonder what that would be per can Like starkist LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 18, 2013 06:07PM

Tried and true since 1909, the spiral wrap is not exactly a johnny come lately. It actually increases the likelihood of successfully landing a large fish. But it's still not the norm.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 06:20PM

if several were made for them and they used them -- They may just like them - If they used em

Bill - willierods.com

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster