I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Latest Mag. Issue
Posted by: Brian Rosenbery (---.sherman-oaks-03-04rs16rt.ca.dial-access.att.net)
Date: October 27, 2001 12:51AM

Ladies and Gents,

I don't have time to scan the rod-building boards as much as I used to, and I hope my post is not old news. But I received the latest RodMaker yesterday and WOW. The cover shows gorgeous color feather inlays, and the cover stock is thicker along with the pages. And I've been waiting for an article on lathes, one of the main subjects.

As a writer, I have really enjoyed watching the magazine's evolution over the past few years, a magazine I covet and collect for wisdom found no where else.

Thanks for the effort Tom.

Brian Rosenbery

PS. I'm waiting for a piece on making spey rods :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Latest Mag. Issue
Posted by: Buzz B (---.dotnet.com)
Date: October 27, 2001 09:27AM

Brian,
I normally get my issue a week ago, haven't got it yet and I am starting to panic. Where do you live so I can judge if it is still on the way?

I don't care if it comes covered in a white powdery substance, I want
my RodMaker!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz Butters
Ripon, WI

Posted by: William (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 27, 2001 10:27AM

The delivery table on the mag says that October 30 is the scheduled date for delivery. You don't want to hear this, but I got mine a few days back.

Sometimes I go back later on and reread them. It amazes me at how much I miss on the first go 'round. The Q&A column is priceless but I guess I don't always read it closely enough as it has no pictures! Still it contains a wealth of information and answers most of the quesitions that always seem to get asked over and over on these boards.

For what its worth the ed page in the recent issue says that an article on two-handed spey rods is coming up. Also stuff on weaving and stand up rods. It's going to be long winter but those stories will help!

Posted by: Mike B. (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 27, 2001 11:58AM

It's also well thought out and accurate. I have yet to try anything in there that didn't work just as it was promised. A highly technical magazine that doesn't seem at all technical. A real rarity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster