I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pac Bay Quickline Fly Blanks - Excellent
Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: June 27, 2012 11:59AM

I guided an angler yesterday - fly fishing for musky and bass. He brought a Sage custom build, and a Quckline I had just built for him. His evaluation was that the Quickline was right on par with the Sage.

It's nice to hear evaluations other than your own for many reasons.

I think the Quickline fly blanks have got to be the best value on the market! If you have not tried one yet it's time!

Thanks - Marc

Keep it simple - that's all I can handle!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pac Bay Quickline Fly Blanks - Excellent
Posted by: Stephen Gruber (---.new.res.rr.com)
Date: June 27, 2012 12:59PM

Marc,
Not to take anything away from Quickline, but I'm willing to bet that your skill as a rodbuilder had something to do with his favorable impression as well.

I'll be sure to try these at my first opportunity, and in the meantime, keep up the great work!

Date: June 27, 2012 02:57PM

Thanks Stephen! A nice custom copano & burnt cork grip sure does not hurt.

Thanks - Marc

Posted by: Drew Pollock (162.119.68.---)
Date: June 27, 2012 05:01PM

That's good news Marc. What weight did you build for him? What weight line was he casting with it? How did it do with a fish on?

I ask because I built an 8 wt for one of my friends to take to Alaska this year on our annual trip. It feels very light and I'm hoping it will have enough backbone for the Silvers we'll be catching.

These are very nicely finished blanks and given the warranty and quality seem like an extremely good deal.

Drew

Posted by: Marcello Groegel (---.212.49.205.static.host.gvt.net.br)
Date: June 27, 2012 05:10PM

It's a hhell of a deal......tried some of the Pacs and all of them were pretty good for their price range.
hard to beat !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2012 05:11PM by Marcello Groegel.

Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 27, 2012 10:39PM

I've been impressed with the Quickline line from day one. Its nice to see them finally getting some good reviews on the forums.

Date: June 28, 2012 11:09AM

I built a 10 wt. for him and it fished a 10 wt. line very well.

FYI - I have just built on some of the Quickline Mag Bass blanks - smokin'!

And I hear there are Quickline Spin Jigs and Popping blanks in the works. This blank line is really superb performance - and once you check the pricing it's just too good.

Thanks - Marc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster